Thoughts on Suh's suspension?

Beemer13

I don't EVER remember Suh acting like this as a Husker. Him slinging that weasel McCoy like a rag doll was just good solid football. I don't know why he has started playing like this at the pro level. Maybe pro teams saw something on film that showed them they could get under his skin. By the way, excuse that call against him for the shove against Cutler, that was an Ed Hoculi call so it shouldn't have counted...

Hard to tell. Clearly the first step was not intentional. If you're just looking at the slow-motion, it looks like he pauses and puts full weight on his left leg on the second step. But, when you watch it at regular speed, his weight is still shifting back when he stepped on Rodgers' foot with his right leg. Suh's foot slides off and his ankle turns a little bit. He steps back with his left leg, it comes down on Rodgers' leg and then he puts his full weight on that leg. At slow motion it looks clearly intentional, however, at regular speed, I think it is very possible that it wasn't. He never looked down and he steps back behind where Rodgers' leg is initially. If Rodgers doesn't move his leg from the original position, it probably would not have been under Suh's left foot. It is very possible that Suh was just trying to catch his balance while going backward. If a player without Suh's history does the same thing, it probably doesn't get much attention. However, considering the reputation, it is perfectly understandable that he is not given the benefit of the doubt.

Hey Cali, just pointing out, Raiola is on offense. At any rate, I love Suh, he is an exciting player, partly because you never know what he's going to do. I just wish he would at least try to act like it was an accident. I'm kinda bummed about the suspension though. I would love to see him go against the Cowboys line and get a couple sacks on Romo.

Ridiculous suspension.

If it wasn't the league villain stepping on the golden boy, it wouldn't be a story, let alone a suspension.

But that's the problem. He's done something like this so many times, he's past getting the benefit of the doubt. He's used up his second chances. And thirds. And fourths......

Once. He's done something like this once. Most of the other fines he's gotten were pretty questionable and probably complete BS. The second that we start to assume he's guilty because of who he is, then real justice will never happen. It's a false platform and will open the NFL up to lawsuits from both players and the union.

It's no longer a sport, it's entertainment, and Suh is the heel.

Also people stop calling him a thug. You have no idea what you're talking about. Football is a fast, violent and passionate game. Anyone that ever played it will tell you that this is baby stuff compared to what happens in the trenches.

suh-steps-on-rodgers.gif

You can't see it very well in this gif but #70 has Suh's jersey grasped at arm's length. Even so, it looks like Suh could've avoided stepping on Rodgers. He probly wouldn't have stepped on him if he knew Rodgers was going to throw a little hissy fit.

I think he would have been fine except on that second step, he lifted his other foot of the ground putting all his weight on Rodger's legs. That is what made it look dirty to me.

Are we still talking about football here..?? If someone stepped on my foot twice in the office it would be a different story... He's a lineman, in the NFL, he's going to step on feet EVERY play... what I find REALLY funny is they crop the clip to just his feet... look at the whole picture... suhs first step is actually while Rodgers is going down, the second step is as # 70 releases suhs jersey and suh HAS to step back again to keep himself from falling... Im not saying suh is an alter boy out there...but come on!!!!

• Fire 2

Ridiculous suspension.

If it wasn't the league villain stepping on the golden boy, it wouldn't be a story, let alone a suspension.

But that's the problem. He's done something like this so many times, he's past getting the benefit of the doubt. He's used up his second chances. And thirds. And fourths......

Once. He's done something like this once. Most of the other fines he's gotten were pretty questionable and probably complete BS. The second that we start to assume he's guilty because of who he is, then real justice will never happen. It's a false platform and will open the NFL up to lawsuits from both players and the union.

It's no longer a sport, it's entertainment, and Suh is the heel.

Also people stop calling him a thug. You have no idea what you're talking about. Football is a fast, violent and passionate game. Anyone that ever played it will tell you that this is baby stuff compared to what happens in the trenches.

Once? Someone hasn't been paying attention.

suh-steps-on-rodgers.gif

You can't see it very well in this gif but #70 has Suh's jersey grasped at arm's length. Even so, it looks like Suh could've avoided stepping on Rodgers. He probly wouldn't have stepped on him if he knew Rodgers was going to throw a little hissy fit.

I think he would have been fine except on that second step, he lifted his other foot of the ground putting all his weight on Rodger's legs. That is what made it look dirty to me.

That and the fact that there's no reaction. He had to know he wasn't stepping on the ground. But he just kept going like everything was normal.

I don't think Suh was really being malicious with intent to injure Rodgers. It was just a small act of underhanded jackassery. As if he was kicking dirt in the QB's face or something.

So let's just concede it was a little bit underhanded, maybe even dirty. But why has no one at all brought up the fact that #70 T.J. Lang had a handful of Suh's jersey, holding him at arm's length. Is it okay for offensive lineman to do this now? Or is it just okay against Suh. And why doesn't anyone mention that Aaron Rodgers hits Suh as he's walking away? Is that okay too? Usually it's the second guy who gets flagged. Remember the aTm guy who grabbed Ben Cotton's nads? Cotton got the flag on that one. Here Lang grabs Suh's jersey and Rodgers punches Suh, and Suh ends up getting the suspension.

I'm not saying that Suh is totally innocent. He's not. But it just doesn't seem like what he did was that big of a deal to me. And I guess if the QB doesn't like what happens it's okay for him to punch the guy. Or at least it's okay for golden boy Aaron Rodgers. (Cue the GB fans and Suh haters! 3-2-1...)

suh-steps-on-rodgers.gif

That and the fact that there's no reaction. He had to know he wasn't stepping on the ground. But he just kept going like everything was normal.

its football...if a lineman has to stop and look down every time he steps on a foot, we would have no game...??

• Fire 1