Big Ten Recruiting and NU's Goals

teachercd

What is realistic for Nebraska and where it should/could land in the Big Ten Recruiting rankings?

Do you think they can finish in the top 3 in recruiting rankings in the Big Ten every other year?

I expect recruiting to be upgraded from the previous staff because I am hoping the new staff is simply better at it.

No.

Really, the Big Ten? What happened to measuring by national rankings?

What do you think teacher......will we out recruit Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State not under suspension, and Michigan State (about equal with us in stature)? Will we continue to sign up southern players to play in 20 degree temps with below 0 windchill? I'm thinking leaving the Big 12 just made it a hell of a lot harder.

I'm now wondering if we could even compete if they switched to luge, speed skating, hockey and ski jumping......seems like we're now a southern school in the frozen league.

No.

What do you think teacher......will we out recruit Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State not under suspension, and Michigan State (about equal with us in stature)? Will we continue to sign up southern players to play in 20 degree temps with below 0 windchill? I'm thinking leaving the Big 12 just made it a hell of a lot harder.

I'm now wondering if we could even compete if they switched to luge, speed skating, hockey and ski jumping......seems like we're now a southern school in the frozen league.

Is it not cold in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan?

We probably won't be able to consistently recruit with the likes of Urban, or Harbaugh.... This was known, and acknowledged by the hiring of Riley.... He has always done more with less, and that is exactly what Nebraska had in the glory days, and exactly what we need now to compete. We can recruit well enough that with elite player development, there is no reason we can't compete with anybody in the country on the field.

Elite player development is a MUST for Nebraska, always has been..

• Fire 2

We probably won't be able to consistently recruit with the likes of Urban, or Harbaugh.... This was known, and acknowledged by the hiring of Riley.... He has always done more with less, and that is exactly what Nebraska had in the glory days, and exactly what we need now to compete. We can recruit well enough that with elite player development, there is no reason we can't compete with anybody in the country on the field.

Elite player development is a MUST for Nebraska, always has been..

I agree about player development and how it's always been important part of Nebraska's success. That is what I'm most excited about Riley is the great player development he brings to the table.

We should never be outside the top 3 and should occasionally be able to land #1 if we are serious. However I'm not sure about our seriousness at this point.

Meyer, Franklin and Harbaugh are the best you'll find at recruiting and they have the same if not more to offer than we do.

Being 4th by average isn't unreasonable, as long as it isn't a distant 4th.

We should never be outside the top 3 and should occasionally be able to land #1 if we are serious. However I'm not sure about our seriousness at this point.

Meyer, Franklin and Harbaugh are the best you'll find at recruiting and they have the same if not more to offer than we do.

Being 4th by average isn't unreasonable, as long as it isn't a distant 4th.

I would agree. Top 3 consistently is probably a little strong, but we have to mix in a highly regarded class ala #1 or 2 every 4 years.

No.

Is it not cold in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan?

They're Texas type schools with a huge homer recruiting base right outside the door....... we have to go to Guacamolia to recruit. Most of our past recruiting success has come from the south.

​Discuss.