Hank Hughes New Husker Defensive Line Coach

Mavric

The thing is if this defense becomes salty and a top tier unit on the stat sheet then the big names will give us more attention because of that. I think this has fabulous potential. And honestly a few years of Riley he gets success many he rides off into thr sunset and hands off the reigns to Langsford.

That helps, but it isn't enough to guarantee good recruiting. 2009 and 2010 were very good Defenses that didn't lead to top tier recruiting. I think the pieces are on the roster to have a really good D over the next couple of seasons, I also think

I think there is talent, but we need to find a rush end and better speed at LB……. depth is an issue

I think our LB issues had more to do with coaching and scheme. Look at Will Compton and Eric Martin! Both are on NFL teams, but were said to be too slow when they played here. The only successful LB in Pelleni's era was L David, and that dude was a freak. David would have been a monster on any team. Again, I think we have talent at LB, we just need a decent LB coach and a scheme that allows them to play faster.

this seems to me to be more and more likely the case as I look back on our time with Pelini. Remember when Lavonte wasnt even starting because they didn't like they way he did things? And then eventually I think they even said he was still doing things "wrong" but they had to have him on the field because he was the only one making plays lol.

The thing is if this defense becomes salty and a top tier unit on the stat sheet then the big names will give us more attention because of that. I think this has fabulous potential. And honestly a few years of Riley he gets success many he rides off into thr sunset and hands off the reigns to Langsford.

That helps, but it isn't enough to guarantee good recruiting. 2009 and 2010 were very good Defenses that didn't lead to top tier recruiting. I think the pieces are on the roster to have a really good D over the next couple of seasons, I also think

I think there is talent, but we need to find a rush end and better speed at LB. depth is an issue

I think our LB issues had more to do with coaching and scheme. Look at Will Compton and Eric Martin! Both are on NFL teams, but were said to be too slow when they played here. The only successful LB in Pelleni's era was L David, and that dude was a freak. David would have been a monster on any team. Again, I think we have talent at LB, we just need a decent LB coach and a scheme that allows them to play faster.

I can agree with that.

I think we will all of a sudden see much better "talent" at both LB and DE with a new scheme and the actual players won't change.

I know this contractor that has 30 years experience. Wouldn't let him build anything for me. Not impressed with this hire at all. Reminds me of Ross Els but much older. So much for using our vast resources to hire a top flight staff.

I know two contractors with 30 years experience. Would let them build anything for me. Very impressed with this hire. Reminds me of Monte Kiffin but much younger. So impressed that we are using our vast resources to hire a top flight staff.

I win.

• Fire 1

We had a bunch of guys that we "couldn't judge just yet cause they were young coaches" and now we got lots of guys that you "can't judge just yet but they have tons of experience"

I actually thought this guy coached some really good defenses but I could have read that about another coach, I am not sure.

I hope he loves recruiting and I hope he is really good at it.

We had a bunch of guys that we "couldn't judge just yet cause they were young coaches" and now we got lots of guys that you "can't judge just yet but they have tons of experience"

I actually thought this guy coached some really good defenses but I could have read that about another coach, I am not sure.

I hope he loves recruiting and I hope he is really good at it.

Yes, Hughs has a pretty good resume actually. He was only at Cinncinati 1 year, prior to that he was DL/DC at UCONN where they were really salty against the run. Some really good Defenses and Dlines up there.