Hank Hughes New Husker Defensive Line Coach

Mavric

I don't get the whole "Co-DC" stuff. Why do you need co-leaders. Too many chiefs in the room can really hurt a team. Someone needs to be in charge.

Here is the one friend move. Maybe he had to give Banker the title for the pay, but Hughes is going to run the defense. I am happy with the new staff, but have questions about Bankers ability. BUT will give him a chance to prove me wrong.

I don't get the whole "Co-DC" stuff. Why do you need co-leaders. Too many chiefs in the room can really hurt a team. Someone needs to be in charge.

Here is the one friend move. Maybe he had to give Banker the title for the pay, but Hughes is going to run the defense. I am happy with the new staff, but have questions about Bankers ability. BUT will give him a chance to prove me wrong.

i like your thoughts, i think Banker needs lots of help....the OC looks like a good hire, the DC not so much.

i just don't see Banker as the defensive answer to what ails us........he has a lot of experience but is far from a guru...nonetheless if he can develop a decent run defense, that would help.......can't stand to see teams gash us in the running game.

Apparently MR doesn't either... You drag your lifelong buddy out of Corvallis because you're comfortable working with him and trust his ability to handle the DC job, then go grab someone you haven't worked with and turn to your best buddy and tell him that "oh by the way...you'll be sharing your duties with someone else"? Would it be too much of a stretch to say Banker is thinking, "WTF?"...

Wait and see, wait and see, wait and see, look down at the tracks, glance up at the train, wait and see, wait and see, wait and see...

i just don't see Banker as the defensive answer to what ails us........he has a lot of experience but is far from a guru...nonetheless if he can develop a decent run defense, that would help.......can't stand to see teams gash us in the running game.

The last guru we had gave up 408 yards to one player...

• Fire 4

The last guru we had gave up 408 yards to one player...

QFT

Not sure what's so negative about my comments. Just pointing out that if this guy was really any good he wouldn't be at Uconn or Cincinnati. Seems to be a life long average coach.

Wasn't he at UConn when they were a top 25 team. And probably arguably better than Nebraska?

No because UCONN never finished ranked in the last decade.

I think he meant top 25 against the run. Hughes’ teams at UConn finished in the Top 25 in run defense in 2011, 2012 and 2013, finishing fourth, seventh and 25th.