Hank Hughes New Husker Defensive Line Coach

Mavric

according to UC fans he uses the 4-2-5 defense. Not good for stopping the run

BJUnklFkr said... (original post)

Reminds me of the Coombs situation. Probably a lot more money, but less responsibility (Coombs had been partial DC, if I remember correctly). In 2013, Kerry couldn't stop bragging about how much better it was to coach in Columbus than the Sugar Bowl. I think he got demoted, or something, but I didn't hear a whole lot from him this year.

I'd hate to see yet, another DC leave, but, he didn't get off to such a hot start. So, if Hank moves on, life here will, as well.

I thought one of the reasons Coombs split (besides a big raise) was that he got a little pissy when Butch picked Jancek over him to be DC when Tim Banks left for Illinois.

Personally I would hate to see Hughes leave. I like the logic of the 4-2-5 scheme as a good way to defend the spread hurry up offenses we see so much anymore, and we've recruited to this concept over the past year. Once the players got the used to it I thought they played pretty well over the 2nd half. Not too crazy about starting over yet again with a new guy if he leaves.

TCU runs a 4-2-5...

Rush D:

2014 - 108 YPG (10th)

2013 - 131 YPG (21st)

2012 - 105 YPG (10th)

2011 - 124 YPG (25th)

2010 - 99 YPG (5th)

2009 - 80 YPG (3rd)

2008 - 47 YPG (1st)

• Fire 1

WHy is there so much negativety in here? Riley knows what he is doing and all those who are criticizing the hire of Hughes, haven't even done any homework on the guy. Hughes has fielded top 25 defenses on a regular basis, and at a much lesser football school. Sure you could say the competition in the big east isn't as good but nonetheless, everywhere this guy has been he has improved the Defenses immensly and due to his track record, I feel pretty good about this hire!

I don't get the whole "Co-DC" stuff. Why do you need co-leaders. Too many chiefs in the room can really hurt a team. Someone needs to be in charge.

Here is the one friend move. Maybe he had to give Banker the title for the pay, but Hughes is going to run the defense. I am happy with the new staff, but have questions about Bankers ability. BUT will give him a chance to prove me wrong.

Other way around. Not sure what would make you think this.

according to UC fans he uses the 4-2-5 defense. Not good for stopping the run

BJUnklFkr said... (original post)

Reminds me of the Coombs situation. Probably a lot more money, but less responsibility (Coombs had been partial DC, if I remember correctly). In 2013, Kerry couldn't stop bragging about how much better it was to coach in Columbus than the Sugar Bowl. I think he got demoted, or something, but I didn't hear a whole lot from him this year.

I'd hate to see yet, another DC leave, but, he didn't get off to such a hot start. So, if Hank moves on, life here will, as well.

I thought one of the reasons Coombs split (besides a big raise) was that he got a little pissy when Butch picked Jancek over him to be DC when Tim Banks left for Illinois.

Personally I would hate to see Hughes leave. I like the logic of the 4-2-5 scheme as a good way to defend the spread hurry up offenses we see so much anymore, and we've recruited to this concept over the past year. Once the players got the used to it I thought they played pretty well over the 2nd half. Not too crazy about starting over yet again with a new guy if he leaves.

TCU runs a 4-2-5...

Rush D:

2014 - 108 YPG (10th)

2013 - 131 YPG (21st)

2012 - 105 YPG (10th)

2011 - 124 YPG (25th)

2010 - 99 YPG (5th)

2009 - 80 YPG (3rd)

2008 - 47 YPG (1st)

Not to be a downer (they're impressive numbers), but who runs in the XII?