Brandon Thorn's Big Board - Top 50

Hey everyone,

I am the NFL Draft leader writer for The Football Educator run by former GM of the Denver Broncos Ted Sundquist & I am beginning to get my top 5, big board, and mock draft on the site for 2015. I wanted to come here and share what I think of some Cornhuskers. I am very high on both Randy Gregory & Ameer Abdullah, just thought you guys would appreciate it and if anything, enjoy this website in general. Please feel free to drop a comment to me @OneDayGM on Twitter. Thanks.

http://www.thefootballeducator.com/brandon-thorns-2015-nfl-draft-big-board-jan-1/

• Fire 1

I think Abdullah is a late 2nd rounder. Size will be a concern and for being a small guy he isnt super fast.

I like Gregory, but i think he is slightly overrated. I would put him as a top ten prospect, but he is going to need some coaching.

Ameer isnt elite, and i think the best situation for him is to go somewhere he can play 2nd fiddle or Running back by committee and get his reps.

I think Abdullah is a late 2nd rounder. Size will be a concern and for being a small guy he isnt super fast.

I like Gregory, but i think he is slightly overrated. I would put him as a top ten prospect, but he is going to need some coaching.

Ameer isnt elite, and i think the best situation for him is to go somewhere he can play 2nd fiddle or Running back by committee and get his reps.

It really depends on how the late first round teams value him. I think teams like New England & Denver would love him. Along with being an good RB, he can play some WR & special teams.

I could see a team like New England trading out of the first round and taking him early second. Ameer may not be elite NFL talent, but he is a high value target.

It really depends on how the late first round teams value him. I think teams like New England & Denver would love him. Along with being an good RB, he can play some WR & special teams.

I could see a team like New England trading out of the first round and taking him early second. Ameer may not be elite NFL talent, but he is a high value target.

I agree with everything you say here.

However i dont see him being able to play WR. Kick and punt return and RB.

2nd option for a good team who can use him properly... a more athletic Danny Woodhead.

• Fire 1

I agree with everything you say here.

However i dont see him being able to play WR. Kick and punt return and RB.

2nd option for a good team who can use him properly... a more athletic Danny Woodhead.

I worded that poorly. I guess I was trying to say he's a good receiving back. The Danny Woodhead comparison was spot on.

I'm thinking 1st to Indy, but only if MG3 isn't on the board.

Ameer is just fine. The only problem is that the NFL doesn't draft RB's like they used to. It hasn't worked out well taking RB's high in the draft at a position that has such a short shelf life. I think he'll go either late in the second round or the third round.

Gregory is a gamble. He's good against the pass. He's shown he isn't very good against the run. This might be coaching, or it might be something else. I'm sure he'll be a top 10 pick, but I also won't be surprised if we see his name as a draft bust five or ten years from now.

Ameer is just fine. The only problem is that the NFL doesn't draft RB's like they used to. It hasn't worked out well taking RB's high in the draft at a position that has such a short shelf life. I think he'll go either late in the second round or the third round.

Gregory is a gamble. He's good against the pass. He's shown he isn't very good against the run. This might be coaching, or it might be something else. I'm sure he'll be a top 10 pick, but I also won't be surprised if we see his name as a draft bust five or ten years from now.

Am I the only one that thinks Gregory was a lot better against the run then he gets credit for.... His best quality is easily rushing the passer, but I though he held up fine against the run, and his ability to catch a RB from behind the play is pretty incredible.

This seems like the general consensus on both guys. I agree, to an extent. Abdullah's vision, burst, decisiveness, hands, and motor all are very special. I think he can thrive in the right role and by another ray rice type with maybe less power but more wiggle.

Gregory is a stud athletically and his ceiling is sky high. He need some refinement but he's very much in the mold of Aldon Smith and I think he can be that good. Again, situations are huge, no different for whatever one these two get drafted in.

Am I the only one that thinks Gregory was a lot better against the run then he gets credit for.... His best quality is easily rushing the passer, but I though he held up fine against the run, and his ability to catch a RB from behind the play is pretty incredible.

I think you're spot on. I wrote a scouting report on him a couple weeks ago (I watched 6 full games) and he was surprisingly stout vs the run. He uses his length so well to keep OL off his body. He has a few things needing refinement, but he has all the tools. I can't wait till my reports get posted online of Ameer and RG so I can show you guys. I LOVE both guys.

This guy hates RG4 lol. Has him as a late 1st kind of guy. Also has Abdullah falling to mid 2nd which is fair just giving their value and how easy it is to find stud rbs late.

I agree with some things, I think Gregory is overrated as a pass rusher, see his game against michigan in 2013 when he faced Taylor Lewan, a taste of what the pros are like.

I predict 2nd round pick.