Hypothetically, in what areas do we progress/regress in 2015?

With the new staff shaping up (for the most part) in what areas do you think the Huskers will progress over the course of the 2015 season? I think we progress in team discipline. I think we slim down on penalties and fumbles. I think the team becomes more of a "team" in 2015.

On the flip-side, with a new coaching staff coming into a new conference, getting to know their players, conference tendencies etc. there are, in theory, going to be some regressions - on both sides of the ball. In what areas do you think we will regress? I fear our defensive back play will regress, even though we keep Warren. If there was a mainstay over the course of Bo's tenure it was our secondary play. What say you?

• Fire 1

Personally, I don't see a position we defiantly will regress in next year.

We have a lot of experienced players back now with experienced coaches.

I think we will improve in QB play and in game coaching.

We now have a staff that has been in big games, won big games and know how to handle themselves in stressful situations.

Not sure we "Regress" in any spots……. Rush End is a major concern, especially in the 3-4…….. Linebacker is HUGE concern….we didn't have enough quality depth to pull of the 4-3, let alone a 3-4…. we had to start a walk-on Senior in the bowl, who wasn't ready to play.. (he played hard, but not at high level)….

We obviously take a step backwards at RB, but only because you lose AA. That would have been the case with any staff….

O-line should stay about the same, but hopefully progress, cause they didn't impress most of the time.

WR and TE should stay status quo even with losing Bell….he missed a lot of time and we have JW, DPE and JT returning….Carter and Cotton at TE will be solid.

QB will improve, regardless of who wins starting job.

• Fire 1

I think we improve on turnover ratio, and consistency moving the ball.

I think we regress dramatically on pass defense.

Why do you think so ? Just curious.

The only reason I could see our pass defense stepping backwards as far as statistically ranking, is only due to the fact that Bo always had a highly ranked pass defense for a reason. That reason was because we sat back in a "bend don't break", four man rush, patty cake defense. We committed seven players to defending the pass and rushed only four probably more than anyone else I've watched.

I would expect to be an efficient pass defense when a coach drops 7 into pass coverage EVERY single down and rarely blitz. Also, it isn't like we play a lot of prolific passers.

I'm really hoping we get more physical and aggressive on the outside. I am also hoping we start shooting gaps and blitzing more. Even when we rush four, I hope we are attacking up field, not reading and reacting so much. Two gap scheme is horrible.

If playing a bit more aggressive results in a step backwards in pass defense statistically, I can accept that personally. In my opinion an attacking defense generally results in turnovers and more big plays. So it's a fair trade to me.

Not sure we "Regress" in any spots……. Rush End is a major concern, especially in the 3-4…….. Linebacker is HUGE concern….we didn't have enough quality depth to pull of the 4-3, let alone a 3-4…. we had to start a walk-on Senior in the bowl, who wasn't ready to play.. (he played hard, but not at high level)….

We obviously take a step backwards at RB, but only because you lose AA. That would have been the case with any staff….

O-line should stay about the same, but hopefully progress, cause they didn't impress most of the time.

WR and TE should stay status quo even with losing Bell….he missed a lot of time and we have JW, DPE and JT returning….Carter and Cotton at TE will be solid.

QB will improve, regardless of who wins starting job.

Good stuff. I agree with most everything you said. That's pretty much right where I'm at.

I would say this. I hope we see the offensive line take a big step forward. Maybe not right away, but as the season progresses and we kind of figure out what we have. Right now I think the offensive line lacks in all areas though. Physicality, strength, aggression, technicality, and fundamentals. Still, I think there's a lot of guys just waiting in the background for their chance. These would be the guys I'm hoping take to the new coaching instantly and become factors. We have to get a solid five, six, or seven guys who can communicate. Center is gonna be vital also.

Unless there are some major improvements on the OL, our running game is going to regress. I don't know of any magical replacement for Ameer. There was a huge step down to the second string this year. If our running game is pedestrian, that is going to put even more stress on the passing game. Is Armstrong, Stanton, or Fyfe going to be up to picking up the slack? I keep hearing how we have all of these "horses" on our team, but I just don't see it. If you're going to bet on horses, you have to look at past performances, and that frankly doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Someone please show me why these aren't absolutely huge concerns. I'm all ears.

• Fire 1

I think, overall, we will just be less feast/famine.

More even keel, with less of the amazing and impressive feats such as opposing quarterbacks only completing 40-some percent of their throws, but also less of the giving up 400 yards rushing. Less of the 80 yard touchdown bombs, but less of the 6 straight 3-and-outs.

Offensive line must improve. We won't have Ameer who is able to make something out of nothing. We had a tough time running on Mich. St. and USC. Ameer willed and grinded many runs against Miami. I am looking for a big jump in improvement on the O-line.

LB's were the weakest defensive link IMO. Not enough good tackling and slow to keep up with other teams RB's and WR's. Zaire was probably are quickest nose to the ball at LB and will be missed. Bray needs to turn Bando into an all-conference type player. Santos needs to also benefit with new coaching and raise his game.

• Fire 1