Hypothetically, in what areas do we progress/regress in 2015?

All areas...

Also...all tough games are at home...

Seems like we should be very excited for next year and really be looking at 11 wins

11 wins? I think that's a tough task. BYU, at Miami, Michigan State and Wisconsin will give us fits.

I do hope we can compete for the division next year, but NU faces an uphill battle.

All except BYU, I agree with.

I followed BYU when Hill was not injured and they are definitely going to give us major fits if Hill is back for the game against us.

I watched him run all over Texas each of the last two seasons. He's a scary player to defend against, NU will have their handful with him. BYU is a much better team than they showed in their bowl game with him at the helm. Certainly better than Iowa and Minnesota, teams that Nebraska has struggled with the last several years.

The run game next year without Ameer is worrisome. Newby and Cross do their thing but are not on AA's level right now. Wilbon and/or Taylor could be huge next year especially if the later heals up nicely from the injury last season.

This is my concern. I do look for Taylor to come in become the eventual #1 back. My biggest concern is the line play when it comes to our running game. AA was great against the average teams but when we played the better teams, his production went down - I have to pin that on the play of our line. I think our new OL coach will be a vast improvement over the past so I hope this translates into much better and consistent line play - and fewer penalties.

A noticeable decrease in penalties early on will be a sign of new discipline/focus and development within the offensive unit.

DB down

Coach Warren is returning (though is he as good a coach as he is a recruiter?). We lose Josh Mitchell, but there's some talent in the cupboard here, especially Nate Gerry. On the other hand, we also lose Bo -- whose match zone defense and signature crushing of passing attacks is likely not to be duplicated with regularity in the future.

I guess time will tell, but I'm sure there will be games where we think back to the days of the QB Graveyard and say, "Alas."

The fact that we lost Mitchell should make this position an UP

Since Mitchell was our only DB that could cover Nelson Agholor I would disagree. Mitchell was a very good cover corner who got beat a few times. I liked his competitive nature and willingness to compete. His leadership will be missed on the backend. Bo's secondary concepts will take a hit on our secondaries efficiency numbers. But with the QB list we will face next year that is an area I would be willing to sacrifice if we can get better at stopping the run.

I've liked Mitchell for a couple years. Definitely undersized but does a very nice job out there.

He had USC's passing game figured out. He was jumping routes and knocking away passes all night. I told the people I was watching the game with that the series before he got the INT.

I think we have some good CBs coming up but Mitchell is definitely a good one.

• Fire 2