Fellowship of Christian Ahtletes

I am beginning a Chapter ("huddle") of FCA within our High School this week. I have our first meeting with our student-athletes FCA Leadership Team. I am excited to see how it goes.

Anyone on the board a member, former member of FCA. If so, any advice? I have not been a member and this is my first experience at beginning a Caper.

• Fire 1

Develop a leadership team ASAP. Then let them do the work. Don't try to do it all yourself. This was my problem at first. I tried to do to much. I liken it to bumper bowling. We all have the same goal, I can't do it for the leadership team, but I can make sure they're heading in the right direction.

Thank you. That is the direction, and advice the State Director gave me. I have assembled approx. 9 students grades 9-12, who I know have a strong Faith and accepted Christ in their life…. who have agree to "sit" on the initial Leadership Team. We have a short meeting this week (first time we will meet as a group) to discuss the Direction and Mission.

After that meeting, I am anticipating that we will have a handful of meetings with the Leadership Team, as they lay the foundation of the "huddle" prior to us rolling it out to the student body.

We have gone through many transitions over the past few years. I would suggest that you choose a sport to support (once you roll out to the school). Talk to the coach and etc (go to their games). Let them know you are supporting them. I have found then they are more likely to support you. It's really hard to support every sport at once (obviously I'm not saying to ignore any, just focus each season, it can change every year).

We have gone through many transitions over the past few years. I would suggest that you choose a sport to support (once you roll out to the school). Talk to the coach and etc (go to their games). Let them know you are supporting them. I have found then they are more likely to support you. It's really hard to support every sport at once (obviously I'm not saying to ignore any, just focus each season, it can change every year).

We are in a small school system and a lot of our athletes play numerous sports throughout the year. I am the HC of the football team and track teams. That is a really good suggestion, but I think that in our situation, the smaller school system may take care of that. Thanks