GT: Nebraska at Iowa - 8PM - BTN

sUA4TBZ.pngyTluqZt.pngIvpjmj4.png

January 5, 2015

8pm CT - BTN

Carver-Hawkeye Arena - Iowa City, IA

Nebraska Cornhuskers 8-5, 0-1 (Last: 70-65 L vs Indiana)

vs

Iowa Hawkeyes 10-4, 1-0 (Last: 71-65 W vs Ohio State)

Big Ten Standings

Maryland 2-0, 14-1

Wisconsin 2-0, 14-1

Purdue 2-0, 10-5

Indiana 1-0, 11-3

Iowa 1-0, 10-4

Ohio State 1-1, 12-3

Northwestern 1-1, 10-5

Rutgers 1-1, 9-6

Michigan 1-1, 8-6

Michigan State 0-1, 9-5

Nebraska 0-1, 8-5

Penn State 0-2, 12-3

Minnesota 0-2, 11-4

Illinois 0-2, 10-5

Head Coaches

Nebraska Tim Miles (325-256, 42-36 at Nebraska)

Iowa Fran McCaffery (336-244, 85-67 at Iowa)

Injury Report

Nebraska

F - Leslee Smith - Knee - Day to day

F - Moses Abraham - Broken hand - 2-4 weeks

Iowa

No injuries to report

Scouting Iowa

Iowa is 10-4 on the season following a 71-65 win against Ohio State in Columbus in their Big Ten opener. The Hawkeyes have road wins over North Carolina and OSU while all four of their losses have been to teams in the rankings at some point during the season (Texas, Syracuse, Iowa State and Northern Iowa).

The Hawkeyes brought back three starters and 10 lettermen for Head Coach Fran McCaffery, who is in his fifth season at Iowa after serving stints at Lehigh, UNC Greensboro and Siena. The Hawkeyes went 20-13 before losing to Tennessee in the first round of the 2014 NCAA Tournament. Iowa has been tough at home this season, going 8-1 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

The Hawkeyes are one of the deeper teams in the Big Ten as 10 players average at least 10 minutes per game while no player averages 30 minutes per contest. Iowa features seven players who average at least 5.0 points per game. Senior forward Aaron White leads Iowa in both scoring (16.0 ppg) and rebounding (7.3 rpg) while junior forward Jarrod Uthoff chips in 11.1 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. The Hawkeyes are a solid defensive team, holding opponents to 37 percent shooting and blocking 5.5 shots per game to rank second in the conference.

• Fire 1

NU is horrible and I do not think that Miles is anything more than just a average coach...But I do think that Nebraska wins this game.

I also love that they are getting 11 points...but I think they win and score in the high 70's

Iowa is a really really good team.

If we are horrible, we dont stand a chance here.

We arent horrible. We just havent figured out how to play with out our two bigs. Miles is a good coach, but he hasn't been showing it this year. He needs to get this offense to figure out how to play without an inside presence and work on ball rotation to set up shots compared to just shooting wherever.

NU is horrible and I do not think that Miles is anything more than just a average coach...But I do think that Nebraska wins this game.

I also love that they are getting 11 points...but I think they win and score in the high 70's

An average coach who took Nebraska to the NCAA Tournament in his second season?

post-6493-Jennifer-Lawrence-okay-thumbs-

• Fire 2

We arent horrible. We just havent figured out how to play with out our two bigs. Miles is a good coach, but he hasn't been showing it this year. He needs to get this offense to figure out how to play without an inside presence and work on ball rotation to set up shots compared to just shooting wherever.

It is basketball...you always stand a chance...All you gotta do is get hot for a bit. NU did it last year for a 3 week stretch...since then they have been .500...

And yes, Miles is an average coach, that is not a diss, most coaches are...I look at it as Great...Average...Bad...

Horrible teams beat decent teams all the time in conference play...usually not on the road but I think NU wins this one in pretty easy fashion..76-68

It is basketball...you always stand a chance...All you gotta do is get hot for a bit. NU did it last year for a 3 week stretch...since then they have been .500...

And yes, Miles is an average coach, that is not a diss, most coaches are...I look at it as Great...Average...Bad...

Horrible teams beat decent teams all the time in conference play...usually not on the road but I think NU wins this one in pretty easy fashion..76-68

Miles needs to prove himself.

Last year he was great. This year, I agree he has been Average to below average.

Our ego's are causing us problems.

If they played team basketball, i guarantee they have 2-3 more wins this year(Rhode Island, Incarate Word and Hawaii)

Is groce an average coach too? You cannot argue that illinois should always be in a better than place than nebraska regarding basketball.

Is groce an average coach too? You cannot argue that illinois should always be in a better than place than nebraska regarding basketball.

No...groce fell into the bad category...which sucks but it is true. I loved his approach of trying to get the 5 star studs out of Chicago but it has not worked and nor will it with him...

He is also a horrible game coach.

I have a feeling that this will be his last year...I think they will possibly get Shaka Smart after this season (maybe) but the problem is, he has big time reservations about what recruiting is like in Chicago for the bit time players.

Most teams struggle without a inside presence. Duke would struggle without a big guy. They never find themselves without that presence though.

This isn't a must win, but I like our chances tonight. We limited turnovers against Indiana and played much better defense in the second half against the Hoosiers. We are starting to play better, and I think we get a huge road win tonight.