The Football Educator's 2015 NFL Mock Draft - First Edition

It seems like all the mock drafts have Mariota as the #1 overall pick. He's a great college QB. In Oregon's system. But is he really an NFL type QB? Will be real surprised if he's higher than #3. Winston might have more of an NFL arm. But he's such a head case he'll probably get picked a few spots lower than Mariota.

It seems like all the mock drafts have Mariota as the #1 overall pick. He's a great college QB. In Oregon's system. But is he really an NFL type QB? Will be real surprised if he's higher than #3. Winston might have more of an NFL arm. But he's such a head case he'll probably get picked a few spots lower than Mariota.

I agree with you. I think this is a terrible draft class for QB's. Tampa and Tennessee picked the wrong year to be terrible.

I agree with you. I think this is a terrible draft class for QB's. Tampa and Tennessee picked the wrong year to be terrible.

I think Mariota has some legitimate on the field questions - anticipation, accuracy, ability to throw a guy open - simple because he didn't have to develop those skills in Oregon's wide open offense. However, he appears to be extremely coachable and he has a boat load of talent you can't teach. He's smart and has a good enough arm.

Then Winston has the off the field questions but less on the field questions. I like Winston more personally, but I do my mock drafts based on what I hear around the league. My big board is for my personal rankings based off film study. I have both on the website and soon I will have individual scouting reports.

I think Mariota will be an excellent NFL QB. At 6'4 he has the 'NFL standard' height.' He has a career completion percentage of 66.8%. But the most mid blowing stat is he's only thrown 13 INTs in his career on 755 attempts. A young QB can win a lot of games in the NFL by not turning the ball over.

Nobody is questioning what he has done, they are questioning what he'll do without the Oregon system.

I think Mariota will be an excellent NFL QB. At 6'4 he has the 'NFL standard' height.' He has a career completion percentage of 66.8%. But the most mid blowing stat is he's only thrown 13 INTs in his career on 755 attempts. A young QB can win a lot of games in the NFL by not turning the ball over.

Nobody is questioning what he has done, they are questioning what he'll do without the Oregon system.

Fair enough. I just think he's shown really good ball security, and that's one thing that will carry over to the NFL game really well. Off topic but wouldn't it be something if the Eagles traded away some of their QB's and traded up to get him?