SIGNED - LB Mohamed Barry

Mavric

Has to re-take one class to get his GPA up. Now planning to be here July 1.

One class is good news. This kid had some serious academic issues coming into his senior. This is my guess as to why he was not more heavy recruited. From recent reports, it sounded like he was really putting in the effort to be qualified, even working extensively with a personal tutor for class work and ACT prep.

Some kids have to learn the hard way that academics are important. Good for Barry that not only did he earn that lesson with time to do something about it, but he dedicated himself to his education.

Has to re-take one class to get his GPA up. Now planning to be here July 1.

The pessimist in me is saying "I've seen how this story ends"...

Yeah...I know what you mean.

I hear ya there. But I think this may be the exception. He supposedly got all As and Bs his senior year but came up just short - like 0.03 or something like that. Too much ground to make up from previous years. So as long as he's being honest about how close he is - which isn't a guarantee - it seems like he should be able to get here.

• 2 weeks later...

So am I correct, did the whole class qualify and will be on campus this summer?

Yes.

Everyone is already here and started classes at the beginning of June except Barry and Snyder. Snyder didn't graduate until the last week or so so he'll be here shortly. Barry is planning on being here in the next two weeks.