SIGNED - RB Devine Ozigbo

Interesting. Watching his film I would not have guessed he weighed that much. He likes to make people miss. Doesn't finish runs or break as many tackles as I'd expect from a "big" back.

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. Good lateral speed but I kept waiting for him to thump someone.
I must be watching a different set of highlights. The first play he hammered a guy, followed by many plays where he broke through tackles or required more than one guy to bring him down. He used that quick (or relatively quick) lateral step to make some guys miss, but there was plenty of contact on film. Definitely not a burner but catches the ball of out the backfield well.
If this is the prototypical guy they want for RB in Riley's offense, I think we are all going to have to adjust our eyes from expecting an elusive, scatback/all purpose back with top-end speed to a NFL type, run between the tackles, catching balls out of the backfield, and pass blocking.
  • Fire 2

If this is the prototypical guy they want for RB in Riley's offense, I think we are all going to have to adjust our eyes from expecting an elusive, scatback/all purpose back with top-end speed to a NFL type, run between the tackles, catching balls out of the backfield, and pass blocking.

I could live with that.

Tom, if he's in a different mold from the other RB offers Riley has made, do you think maybe they'll take another in this class? Or unlikely, given the position?

I could live with that.

Tom, if he's in a different mold from the other RB offers Riley has made, do you think maybe they'll take another in this class? Or unlikely, given the position?

I read on another site that he wanted Nebraska to commit to him being the RB taken in the class, but that could just be a myth so take it for what it's worth

I could live with that.

I read on another site that he wanted Nebraska to commit to him being the RB taken in the class, but that could just be a myth so take it for what it's worth
That has to be a joke in reference to the agreement Bo had with Bussey.