Tim Beck to Ohio State

So this is a notch for the "Beck was actually decent but Bo wouldn't let him run what he wanted to run" side?

We saw that Beck put up 42 points and a bunch of yards against a talented USC team by running his spread, and that sort of thing is exactly what Ohio State runs (and what we SHOULD run imo, but that ship has sailed) so....

Congrats to Beck and good luck at the new gig.

The silence from all the experts on here is hilarious. Beck is terrible and will be lucky to find a job. Lol!

He's not calling the plays. He's a glorified position coach. Who cares?

He's just as bad as a QB coach as he is a playcaller...why else would Taylor Martinez pay for a private QB coach in the off season?

• Fire 1

So the same people that say Riley, Langsdorf, Banker, Hughes, Davis, etc.... are questionable hires for Nebraska have now declared Tim Beck a great hire for Ohio St.

Yes, that makes sense.

Well...Meyer is probably the best coach in the country...so it would make sense that he would know what he is doing with his hires and that most of them would not be seen as "questionable" don't you think?

So the same people that say Riley, Langsdorf, Banker, Hughes, Davis, etc.... are questionable hires for Nebraska have now declared Tim Beck a great hire for Ohio St.

Yes, that makes sense.

It seems that way.

I think Beck was a decent/good coach and knew what he was doing but was hindered some by Bo. I have no proof but it says something when he was courted by Saban a couple years ago and now he is going to go and be with Urban.

He'll do well there I believe. I never had as big of a problem with him, like many on this board. Did he have some head scratching moments? Yeah. All OC's do, and our new OC Langsdorf will too. He'll have some of the nation's best college football players to work with, and Meyer will MAKE him recruit.

So this is a notch for the "Beck was actually decent but Bo wouldn't let him run what he wanted to run" side?

We saw that Beck put up 42 points and a bunch of yards against a talented USC team by running his spread, and that sort of thing is exactly what Ohio State runs (and what we SHOULD run imo, but that ship has sailed) so....

Congrats to Beck and good luck at the new gig.

Yep. Last game we looked pretty good on offense. Still QB development has been a big problem here. Happy to see him get a good job.