S Willie Sykes [Arkansas - Signed LOI]

The story was Arky had been making a push.

Did he actually flip his commitment?

Yes.

Would have been good to have him but if we had to loose anyone, it would be him, imo. I wasn't that high on him anyway and I really didn't think we had that big of a need for another DB.

Ya. bummer to lose anyone but if he is willing to flip that easily, not sure if I want anyone who flips to a school without visiting it... Doesnt make sense.

Yes.

Would have been good to have him but if we had to loose anyone, it would be him, imo. I wasn't that high on him anyway and I really didn't think we had that big of a need for another DB.

I imagine you watched his film, correct?

Yes.

Ya. bummer to lose anyone but if he is willing to flip that easily, not sure if I want anyone who flips to a school without visiting it... Doesnt make sense.

Maybe he was upset that he was our backup plan to begin with, but this is the recruiting business and these things tend to happen.

Also, he didn't have a long-term relationship with our staff, so the key for the 2016 season is to create the relationship early, and cultivate them throughout the season. I think it would be harder for a recruit to say no in that situation, though I realize Paulo did that with Cav.

Yes.

Maybe he was upset that he was our backup plan to begin with, but this is the recruiting business and these things tend to happen.

Also, he didn't have a long-term relationship with our staff, so the key for the 2016 season is to create the relationship early, and cultivate them throughout the season. I think it would be harder for a recruit to say no in that situation, though I realize Paulo did that with Cav.

Actually the staff had been recruiting him since they were with Oregon st

• Fire 1