S Willie Sykes [Arkansas - Signed LOI]

Would have been good to have him but if we had to loose anyone, it would be him, imo. I wasn't that high on him anyway and I really didn't think we had that big of a need for another DB.

I imagine you watched his film, correct?

Yeah, he does some pretty good things. You should look pretty good on your highlight tape, right? I mean, if you don't look that good, I hope the Huskers have some other REALLY good reason to be after you. But he was always going for the big hit - didn't see him wrap up once. And that doesn't translate well.

But something just seems off about him - not as a person necessarily but about the whole situation. He said he wanted to leave Texas and his next-best offer (other than us, before Arky) was Minnesota. After that, there's basically no other .500+ Power 5 teams, and only a couple other Power 5 teams period. That tells me more than anything. Plus he's now committed to three schools in two weeks. I think I'm fine with letting someone else roll the dice here.

• Fire 2

Would have been good to have him but if we had to loose anyone, it would be him, imo. I wasn't that high on him anyway and I really didn't think we had that big of a need for another DB.

I imagine you watched his film, correct?

Yeah, he does some pretty good things. You should look pretty good on your highlight tape, right? I mean, if you don't look that good, I hope the Huskers have some other REALLY good reason to be after you. But he was always going for the big hit - didn't see him wrap up once. And that doesn't translate well.

But something just seems off about him - not as a person necessarily but about the whole situation. He said he wanted to leave Texas and his next-best offer (other than us, before Arky) was Minnesota. After that, there's basically no other .500+ Power 5 teams, and only a couple other Power 5 teams period. That tells me more than anything. Plus he's now committed to three schools in two weeks. I think I'm fine with letting someone else roll the dice here.

Just really liked the speed and aggression. The wrapping up is something that can be taught. Very simar film to AA and A-Will, so wouldn't be a complete loss.