Thanks_Tom RR

WR/S Isaiah Simmons [Clemson Commit]

Apparently he's about 6-4, 205 now. And we are actually after him at LB, which is probably going to be a better fit at that size. And we appear to be one of the few - or only - school that's after him to play LB (at the moment).

• Upvote 1

Only a matter of time until this kid is on everyone's radar. Glad we offered early and have stayed in contact. <Insert obligatory 500 mile radius post here>.

OUTLOOK: Simmons doesn't let on much when discussing his recruitment, giving no hints. He also doesn't take a lot of visits. His brother just graduated from Kansas, and signed on an NFL squad as an undrafted free agent. The Jayhawks are the program he's most familiar with, and it's all he's known, but it seems as though he's become more open to the idea of getting away from the state the last few months.

Link

Says "nobody comes close" to recruiting him as hard as we are right now.

Hasn't narrowed down any favorites. Is looking to take some visits this summer. Says he's familiar enough with Kansas, Kansas State and Nebraska that he doesn't need to visit for now.

All I've heard is the staff really, really wants him and this only confirms it. One of the more important kids within the area.

Says "nobody comes close" to recruiting him as hard as we are right now.

Hasn't narrowed down any favorites. Is looking to take some visits this summer. Says he's familiar enough with Kansas, Kansas State and Nebraska that he doesn't need to visit for now.

Ummm...yeah, you do. Get the kid on campus.

If he is a Kansas lean it would explain the fierce recruiting effort from the staff. The good news is that he looks to be in no rush to make a decision. Not worried yet.

Now a different report says we're after him to play Safety.

He would be a pretty big safety and I would think we could sell him on early PT at LB so I'm not sure what the story is.

Now a different report says we're after him to play Safety.

He would be a pretty big safety and I would think we could sell him on early PT at LB so I'm not sure what the story is.

Yep. He's being recruited as safety. Got outstanding athleticism to match. One of the potential Kansas trio that the staff deeply covets.

If the Huskers can get at least 2 out the 3 big dogs from Kansas (Simmons, Xavier Kelly, and Amani Bledsoe), I'll be very happy. Obviously getting all 3 would be better, but not sure if that happens.

Simmons is one of those kids you get on campus and then figure out where to put him. Great size and very athletic.

I'm confident we will be right in it with Simmons. Kelly I think we will be in the mix but he'll be able to choose from any school in the country, but I think we have as good of shot as anyone. Doesn't seem there has been much Bledsoe/Neb talk.

I'm confident we will be right in it with Simmons. Kelly I think we will be in the mix but he'll be able to choose from any school in the country, but I think we have as good of shot as anyone. Doesn't seem there has been much Bledsoe/Neb talk.

This is where I'm at as well. We have every chance at Simmons. I don't think we get Kelly. Bledsoe is an unknown for now.

This is where I'm at as well. We have every chance at Simmons. I don't think we get Kelly. Bledsoe is an unknown for now.

The one thing that will keep us in it with Kelly is the distance factor, which is a factor to him.

The one thing that will keep us in it with Kelly is the distance factor, which is a factor to him.

Correct Warrior. We have a very good shot. Don't get caught up in the offers he's getting, several factors in Nebraska's favor. Bledsoe is the one that will take work.

And now a quote from him says we want him to play Linebacker and possibly some Nickel. That makes the most sense to me.

Says we are still recruiting him very hard along with Iowa.

Has visited Oklahoma State and Arkansas recently. No other visits planned.

Hasn't decided on where he'll take OVs but says he'll take all five.

Says he hasn't heard as much from anyone lately as a lot of coaches are on vacation.

Looking at visiting Missouri this weekend.

Listed Missouri, Kansas, Louisville and Illinois as schools that have been recruiting him the most.

Kind of sucks that we're going to miss out on all three big names in Kansas.

Aren't we full at LB though?

First of all, I would think this is a guy that you make a spot for. Also, we would still take one more if it was the right guy.

• Upvote 1

He could play either S or LB. We would make a spot for him if he wanted N.

Said again that he is looking to visit for the Wisconsin game.

Now he says Nebraska has been recruiting him the most. Kind of odd that two weeks ago we didn't make a list of four in that area but hopefully we're in better shape that it sounded like.

Munson was just on 1620 with Bahe, Simmons said the crowd was unlike any college game he's ever seen. Said the crowd noise was like a Chiefs game.

Not sure if good or bad thing?

Munson was just on 1620 with Bahe, Simmons said the crowd was unlike any college game he's ever seen. Said the crowd noise was like a Chiefs game.

They're considered one of the loudest stadiums in football so I would certainly say a good thing...unless he has sensitive ears

• Upvote 1

They're considered one of the loudest stadiums in football so I would certainly say a good thing...unless he has sensitive ears

Not sure the 12th man in Seattle agrees, but okay.

Chiefs hold the current record for loudest stadium.

Which would qualify as "one of the" loudest football stadiums.

Reading is hard, ok

Reading is hard, ok

"Reading wasn't hard until I decided it was hard" Hilary Clinton

We told him that he could choose his position on defense. He said he could see that our DBs "really need help."

Says he doesn't have a leader. Arizona State, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisville, Minnesota and Missouri are also after him a lot.

Apparently the Wisconsin game was not an Official Visit so they staff is working on him to come back again.