WR/S Isaiah Simmons [Clemson Commit]

I would be truly excited if I Simmons decides to be a Husker. I think he is a step above most good recruits and can be a difference maker. We do have a solid core if the current commits all sign and I expect us to end with another good group. There have been a few disappointments the last couple weeks but that is the nature of recruiting. Even OSU and Alabama have lost kids recently. It happens.

This might be interesting down the stretch.

It might be between us and Louisville. Our visit is on January 15 and Louisville is on the 30th.

However, Louisville already has 21 commits. I wonder how many they plan on taking.

Didn't you hear? Our staff is incapable of getting any kind of recruit. We should just shut down and go to 2019 recruits

This is the kind of weak sarcasm I've been reading since last December when Mike Riley was hired.

Kinda funny how that turned out, no?

Still have a month to go. Lets look at what we have in place.

The QB of the future

A good looking RB

Two good looking WRs in Grimm and Spielman

One of the best Lineman in the country in Raridon and a good looking one in Brokop (I'm going to mark Farniok N too)

I really like the look of Simmons and Domann whether we can hold on to Alexander is another point

And a good looking safety in might be Dismuke who will be our in with the Calabasas crew

This is a pretty good core I would say and just have to do some building around these guys and can turn out to be a pretty good class. It's funny because you didn't see anyone complaining last year when MR and staff came in and held last years class together and was able to add Barnett, Alston, Snyder, and Young. Not to mention getting a very talented Jordan Stevenson who Alabama also wanted.

This is the same post we see every recruiting cycle.

The class has a few pieces, but not enough to complete the puzzle.

• Fire 1

What's he being recruited as?

We were looking at him as a LB/Safety but now he's decided he'd like to play WR so we told him he could do that if he'd rather.

There is a big step from high school to Div 1. That being said he played in the largest Kansas division and rarely practiced at WR. He did however play the position in games and watching his film he looked like he was playing against middle school kids. It wasn't unusual for him to go get the ball against double and triple teams. This young man could start and star at several positions.

This might be interesting down the stretch.

It might be between us and Louisville. Our visit is on January 15 and Louisville is on the 30th.

However, Louisville already has 21 commits. I wonder how many they plan on taking.

Didn't you hear? Our staff is incapable of getting any kind of recruit. We should just shut down and go to 2019 recruits

This is the kind of weak sarcasm I've been reading since last December when Mike Riley was hired.

Kinda funny how that turned out, no?

Still have a month to go. Lets look at what we have in place.

The QB of the future

A good looking RB

Two good looking WRs in Grimm and Spielman

One of the best Lineman in the country in Raridon and a good looking one in Brokop (I'm going to mark Farniok N too)

I really like the look of Simmons and Domann whether we can hold on to Alexander is another point

And a good looking safety in might be Dismuke who will be our in with the Calabasas crew

This is a pretty good core I would say and just have to do some building around these guys and can turn out to be a pretty good class. It's funny because you didn't see anyone complaining last year when MR and staff came in and held last years class together and was able to add Barnett, Alston, Snyder, and Young. Not to mention getting a very talented Jordan Stevenson who Alabama also wanted.

This is the same post we see every recruiting cycle.

The class has a few pieces, but not enough to complete the puzzle.

Well as this is their first full cycle I'm inclined to let them finish before I judge it

I'll agree that the core looks good. But the lack of quantity scares me. This team lacks depth pretty much everywhere except WR and RB. Need to fill slots desperately.

As much as I agree with the lack of quantity ... what scares me most is how Nebraska has "to fill slots desperately" at the end of each recruiting class these last 8-10 years ... and then we have four (4) years of mediocrity left on the roster.

Really wish this one would talk more. It seems like it's us and Louisville. But you never really hear quotes from him. His 247 CB predictions favor KU 100% but I have no idea why he would commit to that dumpster fire, and those predictions were made awhile back. We need to get him to commit after missing out on Bledsoe and Kelly

Illinois, Nebraska, Mizzou, Louisville

Illinois- Early PT either side of ball.

Mizzou- Early PT at WR, one of best friends is there.

Nebraska- Where he's from, born and raised in Omaha. Gameday visit set standard really high for other schools.

Louisville- Didnt really have anything specific, just wants to see how fits in.

What is looking for- Academics and fitting in/being able to be there 4-5 years.

Who's recruiting him the hardest- "Nebraska, definitely".

Will commit on signing day, may decide before then but won't tell anyone.

Nate Clouse retweeted this video interview from Semper Fi bowl...some one can post.

Just the way he talked made me think Neb the favorite.

• Fire 1