WR/S Isaiah Simmons [Clemson Commit]

ughhhhhhhh my god if we lose out on ANOTHER one of these guys we SHOULD have had a long time ago I'm really gonna be pissed. Especially with an offer coming just weeks before NSD.

How could we have had him a long time ago? He didn't take any visits during the season and really hasn't said much about where he wants to go till the last few weeks. He wasn't going to commit till he was ready. Unless you are talking about kidnapping him to get him to Lincoln?

Ummm....Actually he did visit on October 10 for Wisconsin game. He is Omaha native. Lives within 500-mile radius.

My point is, a recruiting profile like Isaiah Simmons is someone Nebraska should be able to land EVERY year. Not saying we wont still. Just saying the fact that a Clemson offer less than 3 weeks before NSD could be the turning point in the recruiting process is really frustrating. We've already gone 0/2 on the Kansas trio, really would like it to not be 0/3. Especially if this coaching staff is really emphasizing the "500 mile radius"

ughhhhhhhh my god if we lose out on ANOTHER one of these guys we SHOULD have had a long time ago I'm really gonna be pissed. Especially with an offer coming just weeks before NSD.

How could we have had him a long time ago? He didn't take any visits during the season and really hasn't said much about where he wants to go till the last few weeks. He wasn't going to commit till he was ready. Unless you are talking about kidnapping him to get him to Lincoln?

13 always sees the dark side!

I'm sorry sunshine, can you please give me some insight on what exactly has come good out of recruiting in the past, i don't know, 3 months?

Ummm....Actually he did visit on October 10 for Wisconsin game. He is Omaha native. Lives within 500-mile radius.

My point is, a recruiting profile like Isaiah Simmons is someone Nebraska should be able to land EVERY year. Not saying we wont still. Just saying the fact that a Clemson offer less than 3 weeks before NSD could be the turning point in the recruiting process is really frustrating. We've already gone 0/2 on the Kansas trio, really would like it to not be 0/3. Especially if this coaching staff is really emphasizing the "500 mile radius"

Reported for unnecessary quote abuse.......sunshine.

Reported for unnecessary quote abuse.......sunshine.

Hahahaha ABUSE? Are you for real? You had no part in this conversation. My lord, people's sensitivity these days is pathetic.

Say he committed over the summer. Then say Clemson comes and offers Jan 15th and he flips. Then you would be pissed that the staff couldn't keep him on board. So basically you will be pissed in any situation unless he picks Nebraska

• Fire 6

Say he committed over the summer. Then say Clemson comes and offers Jan 15th and he flips. Then you would be pissed that the staff couldn't keep him on board. So basically you will be pissed in any situation unless he picks Nebraska

Bingo :hellloooo

Ummm yeah....pretty much. Don't know why that's weird or out of the ordinary considering we've been recruiting him the hardest and longest. So you're saying you would just say "ehh" and be fine with the recruiting job on him if he decided to commit to Clemson on NSD?

The fact that a team who went 14-1, losing only in the national championship by 5 to the dynasty that is Alabama football in today's world, could walk in and make a kid reconsider his offer from 6-7 Nebraska.... man, you're so right. How could that kid even possibly think Clemson is on the same level as our offer! We don't want him anyways if he doesn't want to be here! Yeah!

Kindly take some Xanax for all of us, okay?

Ummm yeah....pretty much. Don't know why that's weird or out of the ordinary considering we've been recruiting him the hardest and longest. So you're saying you would just say "ehh" and be fine with the recruiting job on him if he decided to commit to Clemson on NSD?

YES. Jesus. Coaches can't do a good job recruiting unless the kid commits here? I pity anyone who ever works below you (and hope to God that never happens). Either 100% success or 0%?

Coaches can build great relationships and do a fantastic job recruiting, and sometimes the kid won't come here. Yes, that is an "ehh, best of the luck to the kid, no fault on our end".

The fact that a team who went 14-1, losing only in the national championship by 5 to the dynasty that is Alabama football in today's world, could walk in and make a kid reconsider his offer from 6-7 Nebraska.... man, you're so right. How could that kid even possibly think Clemson is on the same level as our offer! We don't want him anyways if he doesn't want to be here! Yeah!

Bingo! You beat me to it, but this is exactly what I was thinking reading the thread and it amazes me as to how some on here can not comprehend that a 6-7 Nebraska team doesn't look as impressive as a 14-1 Clemson team. It isn't the 90s anymore, we're not the hot commmodity we once were, and it would be in everyone's benefit if we stopped thinking that any kid born in the heartland should automatically shut down recruiting the second the big red machine comes calling.

Bingo! You beat me to it, but this is exactly what I was thinking reading the thread and it amazes me as to how some on here can not comprehend that a 6-7 Nebraska team doesn't look as impressive as a 14-1 Clemson team. It isn't the 90s anymore, we're not the hot commmodity we once were, and it would be in everyone's benefit if we stopped thinking that any kid born in the heartland should automatically shut down recruiting the second the big red machine comes calling.

We need to some how become that Ohio St. from last year & Clemson this year. It always helps to win and be in the national picture.