WR/S Isaiah Simmons [Clemson Commit]

I think you have your corner and safety switched

How do you figure?

We were recruiting Isaiah as a Safety first before giving him the chance to play WR and Lamar is getting recruited as a corner.

Gotcha but no where did I say where we were recruiting them at or for what position. I just stated where I would love to see them.

Said he appreciates that Nebraska has been recruiting him the longest so that helps.

Clemson and Michigan are recruiting him to play Safety. He didn't say if that made a big difference.

Will visit here this weekend and Clemson next weekend. Trying to work in a mid-week visit to Michigan between them.

Just spitballing here, but any chance that he doesn't have a committable offer to Clemson/Michigan?

When teams schedule guys for the last weekend before signing day I always wonder if they are committable offers until the step on campus (and even then they might just be plan Bs). Its easy for the school to put something on the calendar for a few weeks out and then if the kid is no longer needed to "cancel" the visit.

Look at Neal last year. He was going to visit Oregon in January but then never made it. Word was that his Oregon was delaying the visit and his offer wasn't committable.

Just spitballing here, but any chance that he doesn't have a committable offer to Clemson/Michigan?

When teams schedule guys for the last weekend before signing day I always wonder if they are committable offers until the step on campus (and even then they might just be plan Bs). Its easy for the school to put something on the calendar for a few weeks out and then if the kid is no longer needed to "cancel" the visit.

Look at Neal last year. He was going to visit Oregon in January but then never made it. Word was that his Oregon was delaying the visit and his offer wasn't committable.

If he really wants to play WR, he will be a Husker. If not, he will be a Tiger!

Kind of like us with the Kalija Lipscomb kid. He is scheduled to visit the 29th but if we look good on Fitz and Simmons i doubt he has a committable offer.

I would bet Simmons has a committable offer. He is a pretty well known recruit in the midwest who looked very good at the all star game.

I would think that Simmons would be a good enough prospect to have a committable offer. Michigan currently has two commits listed as Safeties but they are lower-rated. Clemson doesn't currently have a commit listed as a Safety.

Interesting thing with Clemson is I wonder how well Simmons and Xavier Kelly know each other. They don't live very close but they're two of the best athletes in the state so I would think they would have crossed paths here and there.

I would think that Simmons would be a good enough prospect to have a committable offer. Michigan currently has two commits listed as Safeties but they are lower-rated. Clemson doesn't currently have a commit listed as a Safety.

Interesting thing with Clemson is I wonder how well Simmons and Xavier Kelly know each other. They don't live very close but they're two of the best athletes in the state so I would think they would have crossed paths here and there.

They did not play each other ever during their 4 years of HS ball. So if they did it would had to have been at camps