WR/S Isaiah Simmons [Clemson Commit]

Mav beat me to it. Thanks.

Kinda disagree with the stacked at WR...of course that depends if he considers early PT playing as TRFR or RSFr....because we lose Westy, Moore, Reilly, Hovey after next year. Leaving us with Morgan, Pierson-El, Alston, and these 2016 guys coming in.

I agree that a year down the road there will be a lot of spots. But I doubt that a year down the road is his idea of early playing time.

Kinda disagree with the stacked at WR...of course that depends if he considers early PT playing as TRFR or RSFr....because we lose Westy, Moore, Reilly, Hovey after next year. Leaving us with Morgan, Pierson-El, Alston, and these 2016 guys coming in.

I agree that a year down the road there will be a lot of spots. But I doubt that a year down the road is his idea of early playing time.

With his skill set, if he's actually what he's been made out to be, he's a starter at WR in year 2. I'd say that's early enough if that's what he's willing to do. Alston, Pierson-El, and even Morgan are very different types of WR than Isaiah. I'd say the best comparison we have on the roster now is Alonzo. Bigger with good speed to burn you.

Probably not, but seems like a very mature kid so hopefully he has different view. Plus I think he'd have a chance to crack top 6-7 WR as TrFr and as often as we sub at WR he'd have his chance.

With his skill set, if he's actually what he's been made out to be, he's a starter at WR in year 2. I'd say that's early enough if that's what he's willing to do. Alston, Pierson-El, and even Morgan are very different types of WR than Isaiah. I'd say the best comparison we have on the roster now is Alonzo. Bigger with good speed to burn you.

That may be early enough for some - meaning us. I just doubt that's what guys talk about when they talk early playing time.

I'm not saying we don't get him. Just making an observation.

That may be early enough for some - meaning us. I just doubt that's what guys talk about when they talk early playing time.

Right. No worries, I was just making an observation. :)

Nah just you being negative on Nebraska's chances of getting a recruit again. Pretty much been that way since Riley took over. It's been pretty obvious you were a Boliever. Went from being super positive about every recruit when Blo and Co. were here, to being the opposite since.

• Fire 2

Early PT? He could totally play early here if he is good. Wr rotate wrs like line changes in hockey. U don't have to be the top 4 or 5 to get early PT. Lane Hovey played a boat load this year bc he was tall rangy wr that could block well. With his height and ability he should be able to find his way on the field, maybe not as a starter but in some capacity

Nah just you being negative on Nebraska's chances of getting a recruit again. Pretty much been that way since Riley took over. It's been pretty obvious you were a Boliever. Went from being super positive about every recruit when Blo and Co. were here, to being the opposite since.

Yep. Just as long as you keep ignoring the POB thread, the Lamar Jackson thread, the Dez Fitzpatrick thread, etc., etc., etc......

• Fire 3

Main thing I took from video was the effort put into recruiting him. Quite a few prospects have said Nebraska is recruiting them the hardest and is comforting to hear. If we put in that much effort and lose a kid I can live with it. The efforts with this staff in recruiting has been impressive to me regardless of who we land and don't land. Fingers crossed on this guy he is a wildcard who could really boost this class

Yep. Just as long as you keep ignoring the POB thread, the Lamar Jackson thread, the Dez Fitzpatrick thread, etc., etc., etc......

Helms, that's so far from the truth it's just not fair man.

Main thing I took from video was the effort put into recruiting him. Quite a few prospects have said Nebraska is recruiting them the hardest and is comforting to hear. If we put in that much effort and lose a kid I can live with it. The efforts with this staff in recruiting has been impressive to me regardless of who we land and don't land. Fingers crossed on this guy he is a wildcard who could really boost this class

Same. The staff has been on these kids ~10 months now. Give them a chance (2017/2018) to work on kids for 2-3 years in advance, and I'm sure you'll see some serious dividends.

Isaiah Simmons of Olathe (KS) North is another uncommitted player who made some big plays, including a near-interception on a very athletic play to chase down a Sterling-Cole pass. At 6-foot-4, 210-pounds, Simmons has a great frame to defend tight ends from the safety spot, but also has the speed to stay with quicker receivers.