WR/S Isaiah Simmons [Clemson Commit]

Staff offered Englehaupt tonight because they found out one of the guys isn't committing tomorrow... If we go 1/4 on Chase Allen, Dez Fitzpatrick, Lamar Jackson, and Isaiah Simmons then I would call that a lack of closing and a problem getting the job done.

I would agree.

I suppose you want the coaches fired
Not at all. I'm a reasonable guy. But I'm a realistic guy, like how it's looking like we'll end the cycle is disappointing. But when I said that two weeks ago I was told to wait till signing day. So I'll continue to wait and hope for the best.

I am little frustrated by Dez, but figured we were 50/50 on Simmons. This is there first full year and believe this is a much better class then in the past. Too many think its the end of the world.
I guess I'd disagree with it being better than in the past, it's pretty right on par. It's not the end of the world at all, but it's not necessarily what we needed. I'm pretty optimistic for next year's class and do really like some of the pieces we grabbed this year.

I am looking at average player rating, not class rating as 30+ of Bo's classes never made it past a year.
There are 19 commits, so naturally, the average player rating will be higher. Don't kid yourself, this staff gets very similar results on the recruiting trail as the last.
  • Fire 1

Staff offered Englehaupt tonight because they found out one of the guys isn't committing tomorrow... If we go 1/4 on Chase Allen, Dez Fitzpatrick, Lamar Jackson, and Isaiah Simmons then I would call that a lack of closing and a problem getting the job done.

I would agree.

Not at all. I'm a reasonable guy. But I'm a realistic guy, like how it's looking like we'll end the cycle is disappointing. But when I said that two weeks ago I was told to wait till signing day. So I'll continue to wait and hope for the best.

I am little frustrated by Dez, but figured we were 50/50 on Simmons. This is there first full year and believe this is a much better class then in the past. Too many think its the end of the world.
I guess I'd disagree with it being better than in the past, it's pretty right on par. It's not the end of the world at all, but it's not necessarily what we needed. I'm pretty optimistic for next year's class and do really like some of the pieces we grabbed this year.

I am looking at average player rating, not class rating as 30+ of Bo's classes never made it past a year.
There are 19 commits, so naturally, the average player rating will be higher. Don't kid yourself, this staff gets very similar results on the recruiting trail as the last.

I think it's premature to be comparing HCMR first full recruiting class to Bo's six

• Fire 2

I would agree.

Waldo also gets similar results with each of his posts.

• Fire 1

I would agree.

I don't think your information is accurate.

They were discussing this on the local ESPN Husker radio station. They said that 30% of Bo's classes did not make it to school, got kicked off the team or left after year 1.

Pretty sure that number is high. And even if it's not, it's a totally different discussion.

Its not a different discussion. Just because Bo may have pulled similar recruiting ratings that didn't stick for more then a year or make it to campus is very relevant to this conversation. Bo's classes were also buoyed at the top of the class by individuals who never made it to campus... Monte Harrision, Tre Dixon and Bubba Starling all come to mind. Take those guys and add in others who left after a year and we see the result that was this year.

I think the point is give this class some time. I don't see the defectors or atleast the high rate of defections after 0-2 years like we did under Bo in this class.

I would agree.

They were discussing this on the local ESPN Husker radio station. They said that 30% of Bo's classes did not make it to school, got kicked off the team or left after year 1.

Pretty sure that number is high. And even if it's not, it's a totally different discussion.

Its not a different discussion. Just because Bo may have pulled similar recruiting ratings that didn't stick for more then a year or make it to campus is very relevant to this conversation. Bo's classes were also buoyed at the top of the class by individuals who never made it to campus... Monte Harrision, Tre Dixon and Bubba Starling all come to mind. Take those guys and add in others who left after a year and we see the result that was this year.

I think the point is give this class some time. I don't see the defectors or atleast the high rate of defections after 0-2 years like we did under Bo in this class.

Keeping kids around is a different discussion than recruiting them.

And if we're looking at ratings of players currently on the roster, we were #25 this past year.

I would agree.

What? I'm not sure I agree with you 100% on your police work there, Lou.

I would agree.

And if we're looking at ratings of players currently on the roster, we were #25 this past year.

If you recruit a kid that never shows up to campus but count him toward the average rating when comparing that class to another class it is exceedingly relevant to the discussion.

I would agree.

If you recruit a kid that never shows up to campus but count him toward the average rating when comparing that class to another class it is exceedingly relevant to the discussion.

Recruited kids that never get to campus is kind of an in-between state that could be in either.

But that is such a small minority that it doesn't have much of an effect on the larger discussion.

And you'd rather not even recruit the Starlings and Harrisons rather than take a chance they won't end up on campus? Was no one else recruiting them?

• Fire 1

I would agree.

Recruited kids that never get to campus is kind of an in-between state that could be in either.

But that is such a small minority that it doesn't have much of an effect on the larger discussion.

And you'd rather not even recruit the Starlings and Harrisons rather than take a chance they won't end up on campus? Was no one else recruiting them?

I get your point but they (Starling and Harrison) still elected to go somewhere else - in their cases they chose baseball over Nebraska. They may have been a commit at one point (as its being speculated with Fitz as a silent commit) but they never ended up here.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Sorry for derailing the thread. Hopefully we land get Simmons.

I would agree.

I went back to his last classes and its true. We averaged 15 recruits per class that stayed. Thats probably why we have so many walk-ons with schollies.

Won't derail this thread anymore. You can check here if you want to find out how wrong you are.

• Fire 4