WR/S Isaiah Simmons [Clemson Commit]

It's a shame to see the coaches waste most of a year on this kid only to come in 2nd. Not blaming the coaches at all. The hardest part is seeing Clemson waltz in the last 2 weeks and snatch him because of their momentum. That is the way recruiting goes however. We took a Nebraska kid today who had been committed to Wyoming for months. The strong steal from the weak and the strongest steal from the strong. As a staff our coaches won quite a few battles this year and hopefully next year should be even better. On to winter conditioning and the spring game.

• Fire 3

It's a shame to see the coaches waste most of a year on this kid only to come in 2nd. Not blaming the coaches at all. The hardest part is seeing Clemson waltz in the last 2 weeks and snatch him because of their momentum. That is the way recruiting goes however. We took a Nebraska kid today who had been committed to Wyoming for months. The strong steal from the weak and the strongest steal from the strong. As a staff our coaches won quite a few battles this year and hopefully next year should be even better. On to winter conditioning and the spring game.

^^ Yup, this. You win some. You lose some. Would have been nice to sign this guy. But not a huge need for us. With Lamar Jackson it looks like we might be all set at safety. And I think we're okay at WR too.

Not the close I expected on this kid or Fitz. Ya, win some, lose some. Still, it reveals where we are at as a program. Losses like this come from losing seasons like we had. Frustrating to have a kid in our radius being originally from Omaha and still having family here ... and still miss out. Bummed. I'll move on but not without the previous comments.

^^ Yup, this. You win some. You lose some. Would have been nice to sign this guy. But not a huge need for us. With Lamar Jackson it looks like we might be all set at safety. And I think we're okay at WR too.

Honestly, I think he saw that too. Early PT was huge for him. Add the status of Clemson and you get a Simmons LOI.

Stanley Morgan was a much more refined receiver entering his freshman season than Simmons will be. Simmons has a ton of upside I know. I don't know that he would have cracked the 2 deep here next year had he committed. Wish he was going to be here but he's not the only 6'3" fish in the sea.

Good chance he would've RS'd in '16 unless there were injuries. I wish him the best.