Arizona Civics Test

Below are sample questions that would likely appear on the new Arizona civics exam. According to the Foss Institute, less than 5% of Arizona and Oklahoma high school students passed the full version of a similar test, which was given in a far easier multiple choice format.

Can you pass it?

mtktbc.png

http://civicseducationinitiative.com/take-the-test/

100%

Also, why do immigrants have to learn some of this sh#t? Some of these questions are useful basic government stuff (When do you register for SS, When is the tax deadline, How many years is a Senator elected for,etc) but god lord it doesn't matter if they know how many stars are on the flag or where the Statue of Liberty is or not. If they want to be here and want to work and pay taxes and abide by our laws, let 'em in.

• Fire 2

I got 95%. I accidentally clicked my mouse on one answer and honestly couldn't remember how many amendments there were.

But I agree with tschu. I care that people trying to be citizens understand the government as it is today. There is plenty of time for them to understand historical context once they are here. That's why we have schools, museums, etc.

I'm embarrassed to be from AZ if only 5% of kids can pass a test like this. You learn a lot of this in kindergarten.

No you don't.

By first grade you do. And several parts of this, like basic geography of where the states are located, is something introduced that early.

No you don't.

You do start learning the states, Canada, Mexico and the oceans and George Washington, the 4th of July and so on, pretty much from day 1. The nuances of numbers of years for which office, that comes later.

I'm embarrassed to be from AZ if only 5% of kids can pass a test like this. You learn a lot of this in kindergarten.

No you don't.

By first grade you do. And several parts of this, like basic geography of where the states are located, is something introduced that early.

No you don't.
just curious, did you go to school in Arizona? Because I did and those were some the most basic questions ever. I have a nephew in 2nd grade and he already covered a lot of those and he goes to public school.