500 Mile Radius

We all know that most of the states around NE do not have a lot of power 5 D1 talent. Is there any way to find out how many D1 recruits are in this footprint in 2016.

I think you have to find a sure way to define D1 prospect. According to 247, the state of Nebraska has 5 players ranked as 3 stars. Only 3 have D1 offers so far.

500 Mile Radius Recruits with Power 5 Offers:

Nebraska - 3 - Bubak, Fant, Lenners - 2 have Husker offers

South Dakota - 1 - Farniok - Husker offer

Iowa - 7 - 3 HS and 4 JUCO - 1 HS (Rardion) and 2 JUCO have Husker offers

Minnesota - 10 - 1 (JD Spielman) has a Husker offer

Colorado - 6 - 2 (Domann & Stoll) have Husker offers

Missouri - 15 - 3 (Taylor, Bryant, Scales) have Husker offers

Oklahoma - 12 HS and 2 JUCO - 2 HS (Lewis and Wilson) and 2 JUCO have Husker offers

Kansas - 5 HS and 9 JUCO - 4 HS (Bledsoe, Simmons, Jenkins, Kelly) have Husker offers

Illinois - 32 - 7 (King, Schaffer, Foster, Brokop, Jones, Joseph, Lyke) have Husker offers

Wisconsin - 7 - 2 (Bredeson and Van Lanen) have Husker offers

So there are a total 94 high school recruits with Power 5 offers and 25 of them have Husker offers.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to fill this in somewhat but I'm not sure they really ended up going with this plan - or are still working on getting the fit right.

• Nebraska and the Dakotas
  • Kansas including Kansas JUCOs and Kansas City - Read
  • Oklahoma and Northern Arkansas
  • Colorado - Bray - Also has Arizona and Dallas
  • Wisconsin/Minnesota
  • Iowa
  • Illinois
  • Missouri - Langsdorf
  • Indiana
  • Brian Stewart - Also has Georgia, Florida, Maryland & Virginia
  • Keith Williams - Louisiana and Los Angeles
  • Reggie Davis - Houston

I remember hearing some things about Jake Heinrich, however, I see he still hasn't been offered. What's the deal here?

Thought I saw somewhere we were taking 2 guards this year, and we have 2 now. Also appears most bigger schools are holding off offering Heinrich so far, even Iowa.

We are still talking to the guard from Hawaii, so maybe Heinrich is just little further down the list.

• 1 month later...

Apparently we need to be locking down the #100MileRadius a little bit better.

It's really not fair to say that...

In the end, no matter how hard our coaches go out and recruit, it's up to a 17-18 year old kid whether or not we lock down the radius... We have seen some serious dedication from this staff to recruiting. I mean, how many times did Xavier, Fant & Bubak visit campus? How many times did we go visit them? You can't fault the staff when they are hot on their heels and just not landing them... Part of it has to do with what has happened with previous staff(s)...

Bubak made it pretty clear in the world herald article that he only reached out to ASU when he didn't hear from our new coaching staff for 6 weeks. For all the talk about our new focus on recruiting and locking down local kids, that doesn't look real good.