500 Mile Radius

1 hour ago, QMany said:

I'm right there with you, surprised. Usually Rockhurst, Blue Springs schools, Lee's Summit schools, and Ray-Pec are churning out some talent.

St Louis private schools have done a really good job of recruiting their area.  Have seen quite the explosion in recent years with those schools.  KC still has some really good talent, even though it isnt rated quite as high as St Louis.  KC has really good depth of competition when compared to the Lou and the public schools in KC can compete.  St louis private has such a huge advantage over the public schools that it is not even competitive.  Buddy of mine coaches at a public in the Lou and they spend their weekends recruiting their own kids and trying to hold off private schools from poaching their athletes.  

• 6 months later...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

500 mile kid. 2026 Jackson Cantwell from Nixa, Missouri might pop on everyone’s radar soon if he decides to play football at next level. He is 6’8 260 incoming frost that benches 355x3 times and throws a discus 200 feet.  Could be a P5 kid in three sports bball, track and football. Freak athlete. Both parents were Olympic track athletes I believe. 

19 hours ago, swmohusker said:

500 mile kid. 2026 Jackson Cantwell from Nixa, Missouri might pop on everyone’s radar soon if he decides to play football at next level. He is 6’8 260 incoming frost that benches 355x3 times and throws a discus 200 feet.  Could be a P5 kid in three sports bball, track and football. Freak athlete. Both parents were Olympic track athletes I believe. 

I'd be concerned about him growing too tall for football. But you are right, both parents are shot putting royalty with multiple world championships and Olympic medals/appearances between them. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...