500 Mile Radius

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I knew that would ruffle some feathers within the state.  Not saying you are upset, but I saw the comments back saying "Thanks for coming out coach, but you aren't in Western Nebraska until get past North Platte", which I always find funny.

Yeah I'm pretty used to it by now lol

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

• 2 months later...

Certainly I know Nebraska will go out and sign a good class but recently it sure looks like signing kids around the 500 mile radius might not be a hit this year.  I say this bc they missed out on 2 o-lineman that could have helped and a linebacker.  I think CR and staff know what they are doing just sucks to see guys go elsewhere when all three were on Nebraska's radar and you could have potentially more kids do the same around the area.  All I'm trying to say is I don't think getting guys around the 500 mile radius is as big of a emphasis as the former staff made it for themselves.  If they want to come to Nebraska great but if not the coaches aren't losing sleep over it.

55 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Certainly I know Nebraska will go out and sign a good class but recently it sure looks like signing kids around the 500 mile radius might not be a hit this year.  I say this bc they missed out on 2 o-lineman that could have helped and a linebacker.  I think CR and staff know what they are doing just sucks to see guys go elsewhere when all three were on Nebraska's radar and you could have potentially more kids do the same around the area.  All I'm trying to say is I don't think getting guys around the 500 mile radius is as big of a emphasis as the former staff made it for themselves.  If they want to come to Nebraska great but if not the coaches aren't losing sleep over it.

Bryan Munson commented last week that there is a bit of an uneasy feeling with where we are even with the in-state guys.

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Bryan Munson commented last week that there is a bit of an uneasy feeling with where we are even with the in-state guys.

Yeah I get that feeling too that alot of the in state guys have Nebraska on their list but they aren't drooling to go to Nebraska like they once were.   Can't say Nebraska coaches haven't put in the work to visit in state high school's just don't know why Nebraska kids aren't really jumping in with the offer to commit.