Does the Pelini Era cast the Callahan Era in a different light?

knapplc

That was absolutely awesome Chamberlain. Well done.

X 2 It has a lot of truth to it about both HC's. I would only add that there were a lot of fans that saw through Bo's crap after the 2010 fiasco and were taunted for not being a "Boliever." This was totally ridiculous, as now finally the sheep have finally seen the light[/size]

seeing the light. Lol. Thats funny. AFHusker 2010 and his crystal ball that no one wanted to believe.....

It wasn't that hard to see, I was far from the only one who gave up on him after that year. I mean how hard is it to see that after three years our offense would be what it was under Bo, an inconsistent turnover machine. And his defenses get torn up by motion, aka the jet sweep. And he was too stubborn to change his game plan, which lead to more butt kicking’s and a defense that made Cozgrove look competent. Bo was lucky that we moved to the Big 10, because he wouldn't have had as many easy games to pad his record in the Big 12

We ran a completley different offense in 2011 vs 2010, and nobody on our schedule (except maybe Okie state) even used a jet sweep package. We were 3 points from a conference championship with 3 hobbled QB's. It was 2011 against Wisconsin when the wheels started coming off.

There are different ways to use motion offense, the Jet Sweep is the most popular right now because Wisky has killed us two times in a row with it. What I was talking about was losing to a really bad UT team at home, choking to OU in the CCG, and then getting dominated by a very bad Husky team in the Bowl Game. It is nice that you bring up a hobbled QB, his stubborness cost NU once again as he had Zac Lee sitting on the bench. You can't tell me that TMart without his ability to run is better than Lee was healthy.

Lee wasn't healthy, and neither was Cody. I don't think either would have made a difference against OU, because the secondary got bombed by Landry Jones.

X 2 It has a lot of truth to it about both HC's. I would only add that there were a lot of fans that saw through Bo's crap after the 2010 fiasco and were taunted for not being a "Boliever." This was totally ridiculous, as now finally the sheep have finally seen the light[/size]

seeing the light. Lol. Thats funny. AFHusker 2010 and his crystal ball that no one wanted to believe.....

It wasn't that hard to see, I was far from the only one who gave up on him after that year. I mean how hard is it to see that after three years our offense would be what it was under Bo, an inconsistent turnover machine. And his defenses get torn up by motion, aka the jet sweep. And he was too stubborn to change his game plan, which lead to more butt kicking’s and a defense that made Cozgrove look competent. Bo was lucky that we moved to the Big 10, because he wouldn't have had as many easy games to pad his record in the Big 12

We ran a completley different offense in 2011 vs 2010, and nobody on our schedule (except maybe Okie state) even used a jet sweep package. We were 3 points from a conference championship with 3 hobbled QB's. It was 2011 against Wisconsin when the wheels started coming off.

His recruiting from 2011 on-wards started to suffer as well.

There are different ways to use motion offense, the Jet Sweep is the most popular right now because Wisky has killed us two times in a row with it. What I was talking about was losing to a really bad UT team at home, choking to OU in the CCG, and then getting dominated by a very bad Husky team in the Bowl Game. It is nice that you bring up a hobbled QB, his stubborness cost NU once again as he had Zac Lee sitting on the bench. You can't tell me that TMart without his ability to run is better than Lee was healthy.

Lee wasn't healthy, and neither was Cody. I don't think either would have made a difference against OU, because the secondary got bombed by Landry Jones.

We were up 17-0 in the second quarter, we should have been able to hold on to that lead if Bo was any kind of defensive "genius."

His recruiting from 2011 on-wards started to suffer as well.

That is because they mainly recruited in the offeseason. He was able to get some good players when they were focused on it, but they didn't work hard enough on it during the season to get the talent level to the point it needed to be to compete for Conference Championships.

It wasn't that hard to see, I was far from the only one who gave up on him after that year. I mean how hard is it to see that after three years our offense would be what it was under Bo, an inconsistent turnover machine. And his defenses get torn up by motion, aka the jet sweep. And he was too stubborn to change his game plan, which lead to more butt kicking’s and a defense that made Cozgrove look competent. Bo was lucky that we moved to the Big 10, because he wouldn't have had as many easy games to pad his record in the Big 12 [/size]

True and I agree to an extent....but I think the catalyst to the systemic negative issues with Pelini, the coaching staff and the team happened right after the Texas A&M game in 2010. The A&M meltdown had Pearlman giving a public apology along with Pelini's public "apology." The rift created between Pelini and the program began...which in ways affected the football team and coaching staff....

That's the smoking gun for me in how this whole Pelini sh#tstorm started...

• Fire 1

It wasn't that hard to see, I was far from the only one who gave up on him after that year. I mean how hard is it to see that after three years our offense would be what it was under Bo, an inconsistent turnover machine. And his defenses get torn up by motion, aka the jet sweep. And he was too stubborn to change his game plan, which lead to more butt kicking’s and a defense that made Cozgrove look competent. Bo was lucky that we moved to the Big 10, because he wouldn't have had as many easy games to pad his record in the Big 12 [/size]
True and I agree to an extent....but I think the catalyst to the systemic negative issues with Pelini, the coaching staff and the team happened right after the Texas A&M game in 2010. The A&M meltdown had Pearlman giving a public apology along with Pelini's public "apology." The rift created between Pelini and the program began...which in ways affected the football team and coaching staff....

That's the smoking gun for me in how this whole Pelini sh#tstorm started...

How could I forget the aTm game. Add that to the other three games we lost that year and it was easy to see why the team was so flawed as it was. As they are a reflection of thier coach.

After 2011, sure i can see it. But trying to say you saw it after 2010 is some straight up revisionist, "i told you so" bullsh#t.

I didn't see it at all...but looking back on the A&M game debacle got me thinking...sh#t went down hill after that...slowly but surely...
true. Thats my point with af. I have no problem agreeing now looking back that thats where the rift began. Also preseason 2010 dont forget the issue where some owh reporters got hold of fishers parents i believe about his broken leg before the school had a chance to. That pissed bo off royally.

But to say one knew it at that time is revisionist. Its the i told you so card. Cuz there was very little reason to think it at the time. It was pretty steady progress up until 2011.

Skersfan, youve been open about disdain for Bo from the beginning. Yet you had times of trying to give the guy a chance so to speak. Weve all known where you stand and always stand. You xan say what you want. But really, you cant argue that things were lookin pretty good as late as post-2010, despite the sour ending to that season.

After 2011, sure i can see it. But trying to say you saw it after 2010 is some straight up revisionist, "i told you so" bullsh#t.

2010 was the end of the honeymoon, though, for me at least. That season left a really bad taste in my mouth, even though I'm sure it seemed crazy to me at the time that Bo would be fired, and we were having a pretty fantastic season for parts of it.

We entered that year with SUCH good vibes -- "Nebraska's back and we're here to stay." Every year since then under Pelini felt very different. Much more sour mood.

Guilty as charged. Trying to support the program.

But again, I am not about the wins and losses. His actions from 2003 and 2004, were enough for me. He should never have been here, for any reason. Wins and losses happen. Embarrassing the university on a regular basis by actions on and off the field were his norm.

I didn't see it at all...but looking back on the A&M game debacle got me thinking...sh#t went down hill after that...slowly but surely...
true. Thats my point with af. I have no problem agreeing now looking back that thats where the rift began. Also preseason 2010 dont forget the issue where some owh reporters got hold of fishers parents i believe about his broken leg before the school had a chance to. That pissed bo off royally.

But to say one knew it at that time is revisionist. Its the i told you so card. Cuz there was very little reason to think it at the time. It was pretty steady progress up until 2011.

Skersfan, youve been open about disdain for Bo from the beginning. Yet you had times of trying to give the guy a chance so to speak. Weve all known where you stand and always stand. You xan say what you want. But really, you cant argue that things were lookin pretty good as late as post-2010, despite the sour ending to that season.

I wouldn’t call 2010 progress, it was regression and it never got any better after that. NU had a ton of momentum going into that season and for it to end up the way it did was unacceptable. 2008 and 2009 I thought we got it right, especially after the Clemson bowl game win, we had no business being in that game, let alone winning it. That was a great coaching job, but in hindsight, it was a classic me against the world motivation that Bo thrived on.

And let me rephrase on how I felt, I had a horrible feeling that it wasn't going to work after 2010 because of all the red flags that I mentioned in a previous post and was hoping for the programs sake that it was just a bad year. But 2011 happened and I was officially done with him. After that it was the same sh#t, different year.

thats fine. I just happen to think the ending is leaving a sour taste and clouding judgement on the rest of the season. It was far and beyond Bos best and most complete team. None of the losses were blowouts. We were right there again for a conference title. Best regular season since 2001. Overall, 2010 was still progress. But yeah, it did start to dive after that.

Now maybe im reading wrong into what you felt at the time. If after that season you were "eh i dont like some of the things im seeing here" thats fine. It was never perfect. But im reading it as you lookin back trying to say 2010 was disaster and we shoulda saved face and fired Bo then. And i disagree with that cuz there was no reason for that kind of reaction after that season.

I wouldn’t call 2010 progress, it was regression and it never got any better after that. NU had a ton of momentum going into that season and for it to end up the way it did was unacceptable. 2008 and 2009 I thought we got it right, especially after the Clemson bowl game win, we had no business being in that game, let alone winning it. That was a great coaching job, but in hindsight, it was a classic me against the world motivation that Bo thrived on. [/size]

[/size]

And let me rephrase on how I felt, I had a horrible feeling that it wasn't going to work after 2010 because of all the red flags that I mentioned in a previous post and was hoping for the programs sake that it was just a bad year. But 2011 happened and I was officially done with him. After that it was the same sh#t, different year. [/size]