Mayhaps An Explanation Be In Order?

Who wants an explanation?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you are not one of the members affected, you will not be receiving information or an explanation as to why members are banned. That goes for past, present, and future. More goes into discipline at HuskerBoard than what is simply posted for other users to see. That's all you're going to get from any moderator available.

I will be moving this thread to the Woodshed simply to keep this in line with the other discussions.

You could at least provide an explanation to those who were banned. I mean, it's pretty obvious why Marf got the banhammer today, but you guys ban people and don't even tell them why. That's pretty weak sauce.

• Fire 5

If you are not one of the members affected, you will not be receiving information or an explanation as to why members are banned. That goes for past, present, and future. More goes into discipline at HuskerBoard than what is simply posted for other users to see. That's all you're going to get from any moderator available.

I will be moving this thread to the Woodshed simply to keep this in line with the other discussions.

According to the banned, they have yet to have such discussions.
  • Fire 4

You could at least provide an explanation to those who were banned. I mean, it's pretty obvious why Marf got the banhammer today, but you guys ban people and don't even tell them why. That's pretty weak sauce.

It's a catch 22 situation beanman. When the reasoning and rationale behind the bans is unsound, they can't tell us the reason(s) without looking foolish. I'm afraid the best we're gonna get is the lame bs we've been fed so far cuz the truth is so incredibly stupid and unjustified. I realize in a couple cases people were pushed to the point of saying things that would result in a ban, like telling a mod or admin "FU" in a pm. The problem, imo, is the discussion that led up to that statement. People can only get pushed so far until they have to make a stand for what they feel is right. SW reached that point quickly, others have taken a few days to get there. It's an extremely unfortunate situation that does not appear to have an explanation or corrective action forthcoming.

• Fire 1

So from talks with some of the banned, this has to do with a thread about the word butthurt? No way! Gotta be worse than that right?

I think it's more related to an overly sensitive poster on here that got the ball rolling on all of this.

If 1 poster has an issue with it maybe that poster is the one in the wrong

• Fire 4

I'd argue what we are some of the members affected.

So from talks with some of the banned, this has to do with a thread about the word butthurt? No way! Gotta be worse than that right?

I think it's more related to an overly sensitive poster on here that got the ball rolling on all of this.

I feel like I've heard something like this before.

I feel like I've heard something like this before.

It's what many of us were told when we first started posting