Mayhaps An Explanation Be In Order?

Who wants an explanation?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My curiosity wants to know what is going on, sure.

I just get the feeling its a case of higher ups feeling like "You cant let the lunatics run the asylum." I get why we arent being told much.

How long before you run out of lunatics? Asylum is worthless then

Granted, the worst thing that could happen is a massive uprising or fleeing of members. Hate to see this place turn into a ghost town.

This whole situation is like a bunch of guys skating on a lake with a thin ice spot. Three guys fall in. Then three more jackasses skate right over to that very spot to see whether it actually is thin ice. JUST STAY THE HELL AWAY!! But if curiosity is getting the best of you and you want to piece together what happened, just have a look at page 9 of the Polo thread. Proceed with caution.

Being the ever helpful kind of guy that I am, I created a decision rule to help you avoid the thin ice that all the banned HBers seem to be skating into: LINK (link to the "The Village of the "Banned" thread in the Shed) :lol:

• Fire 4

This whole situation is like a bunch of guys skating on a lake with a thin ice spot. Three guys fall in. Then three more jackasses skate right over to that very spot to see whether it actually is thin ice. JUST STAY THE HELL AWAY!! But if curiosity is getting the best of you and you want to piece together what happened, just have a look at page 9 of the Polo thread. Proceed with caution.

Being the ever helpful kind of guy that I am, I created a decision rule to help you avoid the thin ice that all the banned HBers seem to be skating into: LINK (link to the "The Village of the "Banned" thread in the Shed) :lol:

I see nothing interesting on page 9 of the Polo thread other than walks being his usual douche self and Moiraine being a grammar nazi again. Chaddy had the same info that I had and several others had. And he was right on both accounts.

I see nothing interesting on page 9 of the Polo thread other than walks being his usual douche self and Moiraine being a grammar nazi again. Chaddy had the same info that I had and several others had. And he was right on both accounts.

You didn't think there was anything wrong with ShawnWatson's PM reply? I thought it was a bit over the line. Really, it was almost exactly the same as Michael Brown's response when the cop asked him to quit walking down the middle of the street: "f#*k off!" /continues walking down the middle of the street.

:shrug:

edit: I'm headed out right now to for the evening. So I'm not ignoring you if you reply. :lol:

You didn't think there was anything wrong with ShawnWatson's PM reply? I thought it was a bit over the line. Really, it was almost exactly the same as Michael Brown's response when the cop asked him to quit walking down the middle of the street: "f#*k off!" /continues walking down the middle of the street.

:shrug:

edit: I'm headed out right now to for the evening. So I'm not ignoring you if you reply. :lol:

I'm not talking about Watson. I'm talking about the rest of them minus Marf.

The bottom line here folks is when you sign up, you agree to the rules setup by the admins/mods here. If you break those rules, you get banned...just like I have been in the past. If this isn't your first ban, you may be banned permanently.

I was able to pull my head out of my arse and get on with better quality posts that didn't break rules. For others, it's too hard for them to do that and they reap what they sow.

In closing, do not get mad at the admins/mods for enforcing the rules they set. It's not fair to them when they're keeping a standard to try and provide a good experience for everyone, not just people who have been here for 2k plus posts.

I appreciate all that the mods and admins here give on a VOLUNTARY basis and I'm glad they're enforcing rules.

If anyone wants to be pissed off...be pissed off at those people getting themselves banned by breaking the rules...don't get pissed at the mods for enforcing them.

And my point is that rules are never set in stone. Sometimes instances arise that require a re-examination of process. This is one of those instances.

The bottom line here folks is when you sign up, you agree to the rules setup by the admins/mods here. If you break those rules, you get banned...just like I have been in the past. If this isn't your first ban, you may be banned permanently.

I was able to pull my head out of my arse and get on with better quality posts that didn't break rules. For others, it's too hard for them to do that and they reap what they sow.

In closing, do not get mad at the admins/mods for enforcing the rules they set. It's not fair to them when they're keeping a standard to try and provide a good experience for everyone, not just people who have been here for 2k plus posts.

I appreciate all that the mods and admins here give on a VOLUNTARY basis and I'm glad they're enforcing rules.

If anyone wants to be pissed off...be pissed off at those people getting themselves banned by breaking the rules...don't get pissed at the mods for enforcing them.

I mean this with all due respect but, it would appear you have absolutely no idea what is going on in this situation. It is not near as simple and clear cut as some posters breaking the rules. If that were really the issue, do you really think so many would be upset by it?

• Fire 1

NUance, your analogy is sort of accurate but it chooses to ignore people's sense of justice and fair play. All these subsequent bannings are not the result of ignorant curiosity getting the best of people. Most have made the conscious decision to question authority on a matter they felt was unjust. That's called standing up for what you believe in, not being a jackass. Some people would consider it a virtue to speak up for what is right even if it costs you something. There are worse things than being banned from a message board, like selling out and toeing the line just to prevent being banned. Yes, some people crossed the line and got banned but it was the ridiculous butthurt thing that precipitated all of it. Yeah, it could've been avoided in every case but, why should it have to be avoided except for the apparent pet peeve issue of one person? In a way, you could say these posters were baited into being banned. IMO.

I'm not happy or totally comfortable with how this is progressing but the lousy reality is that at the end of the day the admins can do whatever the hell they want.

Absolutely they can, and have. Doesn't mean people have to take it without speaking out against it. Hopefully some people take a step back and realize they are defending something that really isn't worth defending. And maybe, if they really man up, they'll bring back all the excellent contributors to this board that were run off over something so petty.

I'm not happy or totally comfortable with how this is progressing but the lousy reality is that at the end of the day the admins can do whatever the hell they want.

Absolutely they can, and have. Doesn't mean people have to take it without speaking out against it. Hopefully some people take a step back and realize they are defending something that really isn't worth defending. And maybe, if they really man up, they'll bring back all the excellent contributors to this board that were run off over something so petty.

Right. It sucks and there's nothing wrong with not being okay with it, but at the end of the day being on here is a privilege, not a right, even if that's taken away unfairly.