Who here remembers there first college party...and how was it?

I can remember my parents dropping my off and getting into my dorm room, setting stuff up...Able was my dorm...with two other dudes who were super lame...

I was from out of state so I had been rushed by a lot a lot of frats (not cause I was cool but because I was from out of state, trust me, I am no jocking myself)

So I get into Lincoln and I think (not sure) it was the second night that Lambda Chi had a party, the rush chair told me to stop by, so I did, alone.

Totally weird showing up alone and really not know ANYONE...played some drinking games...met some girl from my home state...went to puke in the bathrooms (no doors on the stalls so I fought it off) and had a great time and managed to stumble back to Able.

Never joined that house BUT it was kind of a fun night.

• Fire 1

I can remember my parents dropping my off and getting into my dorm room, setting stuff up...Able was my dorm...with two other dudes who were super lame...

I was from out of state so I had been rushed by a lot a lot of frats (not cause I was cool but because I was from out of state, trust me, I am no jocking myself)

So I get into Lincoln and I think (not sure) it was the second night that Lambda Chi had a party, the rush chair told me to stop by, so I did, alone.

Totally weird showing up alone and really not know ANYONE...played some drinking games...met some girl from my home state...went to puke in the bathrooms (no doors on the stalls so I fought it off) and had a great time and managed to stumble back to Able.

Ha ha! Able dorm? Where is that? LULZ Yeah, me too. The first college party I went to was at Abel. But I didn't live there. Just tagged along with a couple buddies. I remember most of the girls I met seemed stuck up. And I asked one who'd talk to me why the others seemed so snobbish. She informed me that it was my clothing. I was wearing a net football jersey, tight blue jeans fringed out at the bottom and hiking boots. I'm like, "What? Doesn't everyone wear stuff like this?" LOL, I was from a small town and that was actually in style there. After that night I changed my style of clothing to blend in a bit better. :lol:

I don't drink but accompanied some friends to some house parties one night.

The first house, affectionately called the "Dirty Banana" (just around the corner from another party house called the "Pink Taco"), was a dilapidated house that apparently students rented out during the year. Had a steeeeeep $5 cover. It was empty like no one had even moved in, people standing around drinking (naturally) and the kitchen looked like someone had stepped a hole through the floor which then proceeded to grow as people tripped on it for weeks. It was one of the few places i had been that i felt like i needed to go get re-immunized after leaving. Apparently it was condemned a few years later and torn down.

The place was a hotbed for all things "stereotypcal college booze party". Depending on the season, you would get to party with the local celebrities (hockey players) after they whoop on the Gophers. The parties were always skeezy and low brow, this one was no different. We left after about 45 minutes due to the paranoid drunks and a cop scare. We "escaped" down the alley behind the house, ya know, cuz thats how you get away from the cops.

It was great - I was a HS senior and was invited when I was at the Model UN. All I remember is massaging some girls sore feet and going to the bathroom to take a leak then deciding to puke instead. It was in a house off of Capital Pkwy

PS I think the admin and mods are great people

Ha ha! Able dorm? Where is that? LULZ Yeah, me too. The first college party I went to was at Abel. But I didn't live there. Just tagged along with a couple buddies. I remember most of the girls I met seemed stuck up. And I asked one who'd talk to me why the others seemed so snobbish. She informed me that it was my clothing. I was wearing a net football jersey, tight blue jeans fringed out at the bottom and hiking boots. I'm like, "What? Doesn't everyone wear stuff like this?" LOL, I was from a small town and that was actually in style there. After that night I changed my style of clothing to blend in a bit better. :lol:

I always spell it wrong! UGgggggg! Abel!!! ha

By the way...sweet wardrobe! ha