State of the Board

You're implying that "bullying" is a concept that's either black or white. I don't think that's the case all the time.

So, I ask where the line is. A 12 page thread in the Woodshed dedicated to how to "deal" with NUPolo8? That's ok?

I don't know that you can really set a static line. Isn't there always context that is different from case to case?

You're implying that "bullying" is a concept that's either black or white. I don't think that's the case all the time.

So, I ask where the line is. A 12 page thread in the Woodshed dedicated to how to "deal" with NUPolo8? That's ok?

I don't know that you can really set a static line. Isn't there always context that is different from case to case?

So this is more of a judgement call? Someone felt that Polo was bullying someone else, but that he hadn't been bullied by the 12 page thread dedicated to making fun of him?

• Fire 2

So this is more of a judgement call? Someone felt that Polo was bullying someone else, but that he hadn't been bullied by the 12 page thread dedicated to making fun of him?

I think so. That's what the Mods and Admins don't get paid to do. Make decisions when stuff comes up.

It's not going to be perfect all the time, it is what it is. Some of the stuff you're pointing to is literally years old. Things, attitudes, etc change over the years. Like I said it's not perfect, it is what it is IMO.

I mean the woodshed has threads started by mods PosterX vs. PosterY.

Yeah, these threads are split off from posts in other forums, and then given that title. If two posters want to go at it, then the 'shed is where that belongs. I don't believe in deleting posts or hiding them unless there's some form of content issue that even the Woodshed won't allow. So, these threads.

And there's always been a step up from a just guys calling each other names. That's what we try to keep it to. The Shed has a stated policy that threats/libel/bigotry are prohibited. We've made efforts - probably which some of you remember - to really crack down on things when in the past people have brought other members' real lives and families into the equation.

Yet bullying is the excuse for why they banned the original three members?

There seems to be some confusion here, so again, the original three bans were a result of the admins deciding a few members needed to be talked to about their regular conduct here. Bullying, threats, etc, not part of the equation here. Admins decided to ban based on response to their effort.

This was very reassuring. I'm glad it was posted. And my thoughts were reaffirmed. Those banned and/or suspended were so for a reason. ALL of them. And sounds like definitely the first 3. Those thereafter simple acted beyond childish and asked for it. That was last weekend when I just sat back, watched the "show" and spent a lot of time laughing. Just asking to be booted.

Other thing is the supposed privacy of PM's and was is now an apparent lack of common sense in it's use. I now laugh at those thinking that admins shouldnt be able to view private messages within this board's domain. I'm no expert, lawyer, or inet wiz, but to me, it's common sense. For those that went off in a PM saying something that they thought wouldnt ever been seen, well, that's too bad.

Yeah, we lost a lot of good members. But new ones will arise. These guys came from somewhere at some point.

:yeah

So why encourage bullying with the woodshed?

There's also rules to the woodshed that says no threats, libel, or bigotry. Now, go find me examples in those VS threads, and the whole 'shed for that matter, in which there are blatant and legit threats made of which it appears (and frankly, not surprising to me in any way) happened within some these pm's. People will say the damndest things and act the damndest ways when they think no one is watching or listening. True character is revealed in supposed darkness.

I've been a part of numerous vs threads, and I dont recall ever being on the receving end of a legit threat, nor did I ever make one-THAT I KNOW OF. Being corrected of this notion wouldnt surprise me though. I invite you to do the leg work if you want to find something. I dont have time to do so.

Im having this debate in a calm classy manner by the way.

• Fire 4

I mean the woodshed has threads started by mods PosterX vs. PosterY.

Yeah, these threads are split off from posts in other forums, and then given that title. If two posters want to go at it, then the 'shed is where that belongs. I don't believe in deleting posts or hiding them unless there's some form of content issue that even the Woodshed won't allow. So, these threads.

And there's always been a step up from a just guys calling each other names. That's what we try to keep it to. The Shed has a stated policy that threats/libel/bigotry are prohibited. We've made efforts - probably which some of you remember - to really crack down on things when in the past people have brought other members' real lives and families into the equation.

Yet bullying is the excuse for why they banned the original three members?

There seems to be some confusion here, so again, the original three bans were a result of the admins deciding a few members needed to be talked to about their regular conduct here.

There's definitely some confusion here. If it wasn't about bullying, then why was bullying, and the threat of litigation from it, brought up?

• Fire 3

This was very reassuring. I'm glad it was posted. And my thoughts were reaffirmed. Those banned and/or suspended were so for a reason. ALL of them. And sounds like definitely the first 3. Those thereafter simple acted beyond childish and asked for it. That was last weekend when I just sat back, watched the "show" and spent a lot of time laughing. Just asking to be booted.

Other thing is the supposed privacy of PM's and was is now an apparent lack of common sense in it's use. I now laugh at those thinking that admins shouldnt be able to view private messages within this board's domain. I'm no expert, lawyer, or inet wiz, but to me, it's common sense. For those that went off in a PM saying something that they thought wouldnt ever been seen, well, that's too bad.

Yeah, we lost a lot of good members. But new ones will arise. These guys came from somewhere at some point.

:yeah

So why encourage bullying with the woodshed?

There's also rules to the woodshed that says no threats, libel, or bigotry. Now, go find me examples in those VS threads, and the whole 'shed for that matter, in which there are blatant and legit threats made of which it appears (and frankly, not surprising to me in any way) happened within some these pm's. People will say the damndest things and act the damndest ways when they think no one is watching or listening. True character is revealed in supposed darkness.

I've been a part of numerous vs threads, and I dont recall ever being on the receving end of a legit threat, nor did I ever make one-THAT I KNOW OF. Being corrected of this notion wouldnt surprise me though. I invite you to do the leg work if you want to find something. I dont have time to do so.

Im having this debate in a calm classy manner by the way.

Yea, you're synonymous with classy around here.

• Fire 1

Also, Junior, it seems like this "cyber bullying" that is being referred was most likely something far and beyond anything that should be allowed considering the circumstances surrounding the PMs to begin with. Just a thought. Like I said above. All it takes is some common sense. This world has become so black and white and so "zero tolerance" all the time because people are afraid to think for themselves or think outside the box. it's one big copout. But I think in this situation the mods/admins went against that grain and did what was best for the board and members in the long term.

And yeah, I am sucking up a little. i plan to remain here. Feel as if I've been given a pretty lengthy leash in the past with some of my idiotic episodes, and hope to stay on them terms. With that said though, I truly do believe in everything I've said.

• Fire 2

There's definitely some confusion here. If it wasn't about bullying, then why was bullying, and the threat of litigation from it, brought up?

This is what had to do with some of the later bannings, and the investigation into specific uses of the Personal Messenger system here.

Also, Junior, it seems like this "cyber bullying" that is being referred was most likely something far and beyond anything that should be allowed considering the circumstances surrounding the PMs to begin with. Just a thought. Like I said above. All it takes is some common sense. This world has become so black and white and so "zero tolerance" all the time because people are afraid to think for themselves or think outside the box. it's one big copout. But I think in this situation the mods/admins went against that grain and did what was best for the board and members in the long term.

And yeah, I am sucking up a little. i plan to remain here. Feel as if I've been given a pretty lengthy leash in the past with some of my idiotic episodes, and hope to stay on them terms. With that said though, I truly do believe in everything I've said.

Also, I don't know how far in the past you consider your "idiotic episodes", but you've been a raging dick to me in the recent past. So sorry if I don't buy this calm and classy new you stuff.

• Fire 2