State of the Board

It's about cyber bullying! It isn't about bullying (according to zoogs), wait yes it is! Who the hell knows? Only Eric.

Okay, I'll clarify this again so people don't get confused.

1. The first three bans were not.

Ref: "This particular incident occurred from a PM conversation between three members and an Administrator." The administrator attempted to bring these members in line with the conduct we expect people to have here. This kind of talk doesn't happen unless they feel it's, unfortunately, necessary. Their response to this attempt led to the admins concluding bans were necessary. This is a pretty standard way for a ban to go down: mod/admin talks to member. Member doesn't have any of it.

2. (Some) of the other bans were.

Ref: "It subsequently was broadened as a result of a member sending us quoted comments another member sent them via PM. To verify the authenticity of the claim, we had to verify with our own eyes to ensure there was no fabrication. We determined these were slanderous & offensive comments that had to be addressed."

So some of the other bans were handed out for being offensive...in a PM?

The better thing probably wouldve been to have the common sense not to put themselves in that situtaion to begin with....

over a football message board. Since that deal is so often being used to downplay these acts.

i read all of this and wasn't aware of any or even who was banned. But I do want to file my own complaints. I'm submitting this for ever member on this board. Well except Knapplc, with his knowledge and access to facilities I swear he is Tom Osborne. But anyway I always thought I was very smart when it came to football and the Huskers. After joining here I have realized I don't know squat about either. So now I feel humiliated and have ruined football for me.....Thanks Huskerboard

just for incase yes I'm being sarcastic.

Do that stuff on the board itself is one thing, doing it through PM is quite another. To me that makes it more personal, for you to actually type a PM to a member to push their buttons and raz them, that's different, you've taken it to another level. Putting yourself out there for others to see what you have to say is another as other folks may jump on you for doing that. Not everything in this world is black and white, there is a lot of grey area at times. I don't even know what was all said through the PM's and I'm a mod, but I'm sure these folks were given a chance to change their behavior. They chose not to do that, that's pretty black and white you have to admit.

Do that stuff on the board itself is one thing, doing it through PM is quite another. To me that makes it more personal, for you to actually type a PM to a member to push their buttons and raz them, that's different, you've taken it to another level. Putting yourself out there for others to see what you have to say is another as other folks may jump on you for doing that. Nothing in this world is black and white, there is a lot of grey area at times. I don't even know what was all said through the PM's and I'm a mod, but I'm sure these folks were given a chance to change their behavior. They chose not to do that, that's pretty black and white you have to admit.

Now I'm confused :D:D:D

• Fire 3

Do that stuff on the board itself is one thing, doing it through PM is quite another. To me that makes it more personal, for you to actually type a PM to a member to push their buttons and raz them, that's different, you've taken it to another level. Putting yourself out there for others to see what you have to say is another as other folks may jump on you for doing that. Nothing in this world is black and white, there is a lot of grey area at times. I don't even know what was all said through the PM's and I'm a mod, but I'm sure these folks were given a chance to change their behavior. They chose not to do that, that's pretty black and white you have to admit.

I know, I know, I'll ban you, I'm frigging serious! :lol: I edited it now to make more sense.

• Fire 1

I am very impressed with the transparency, integrity, and open dialogue around this whole issue. There is a fine line between discussing reasons for banning and disparaging the "recently departed". As a predominantly "3rd party observer", I think you (Mods/Admins) have handled this situation very well & in a respectful/professional manner.

My hat is off to ALL the Mods/Admins for your work on this site AND your willingness to create (more than reasonable) transparency without throwing folks under the bus. That's tough to accomplish on a message board community like this. Most forums with which I have been involved would NOT put this much time & effort into communicating with the community around this type of issue. Pretty amazing :) Awesome work!

• Fire 3

Can we have a list of who was banned? I pretty much quit posting here, only read certain threads and really avoided certain Members; cutting my use down by about 80% .

If some of the people that are gone are people that soured me on this board, if like to know who they are so I can get back to my regularly scheduled HuskerBoard viewing. Thanks. Or please PM who was banned.

Can we have a list of who was banned? I pretty much quit posting here, only read certain threads and really avoided certain Members; cutting my use down by about 80% .

If some of the people that are gone are people that soured me on this board, if like to know who they are so I can get back to my regularly scheduled HuskerBoard viewing. Thanks. Or please PM who was banned.

NuPolo 8

ShawnWatson

abdullahthebutcher/Finlay/BrayWyatt/???/???(seriously. this guys changed names from one wrestler to the next every two weeks)

Beanman

Chaddyboxer

Thems are the ones I'm certain of.

NuPolo 8

ShawnWatson

abdullahthebutcher/Finlay/BrayWyatt/???/???(seriously. this guys changed names from one wrestler to the next every two weeks)

Beanman

Chaddyboxer

Are you seriously, without irony, complaining about someone changing their name too much?

• Fire 2

*whispers* He's from Iowa...cut him some slack

Don't ban me bro!

NuPolo 8

ShawnWatson

Beanman

Chaddyboxer

Are you seriously, without irony, complaining about someone changing their name too much?

yes. But mind you that whike ive done it twice in 5 1/2 years, he did it kike 4 times in a year.

1. So you're banning people based on Private Messages? I'd recommend changing the name of them. That whole 'private' thing could throw people.
  2. It's extremely hard to take a post seriously when it's signed with your handle.

Sincerely,

Killer Cacti

P.S. Pretty disappointed with a lot of good posters being banned at once. I will probably be spending a lot less time on the boards.

Oh No! The Clemson fan won't be frequenting our favorite Husker message board anymore....

iJ6Xb6TGQeB9o.gif

Screw you.

I've been around longer than you and contributed more than you. That logo at the top of the page? I took the time to make it because I enjoyed my time here. The last few years, this place has steadily gone downhill & the last week or so only accelerated that downfall.

FWIW, I think Junior is onto something.

• Fire 8