Media Members Pushing Braxton Miller to Transfer?

jaws

It sounds like Urban is pissed because others are attempting to poach Braxton Miller. There is some irony to this.

How so? Braxton has expressed no interest in transferring. He already signed is LOI. Urban flips recruits, but according to parents of recruits that he didn't flip, if they say they're not interested, he leaves them alone.

It sounds like Urban is pissed because others are attempting to poach Braxton Miller. There is some irony to this.

How so? Braxton has expressed no interest in transferring. He already signed is LOI. Urban flips recruits, but according to parents of recruits that he didn't flip, if they say they're not interested, he leaves them alone.

I just thought it seemed ironic that Urban Meyer is pissed because some other coach is poaching his player. See the irony?

I just thought it seemed ironic that Urban Meyer is pissed because some other coach is poaching his player. See the irony?

He isn't pissed about a coach trying to poach; he expects that and is completely fine with it, and in fact encourages it if its the right move for the player. He's pissed about interference from outside people that have nothing to do with any football program. This is something for all football programs to be concerned with.

How are media members pushing Braxton to transfer? I guess I don't see the influence.

Urban Meyer, the role model for honesty and decency in recruiting. :lol:

You don't see a problem with a media member talking to a Nebraska player about playing somewhere else? Maybe a place where it would benefit a media member or company? Lets say ESPN ( I am not saying they are in on Braxton) started getting in your star players ear wanting them to go to an SEC school? I bet you would love that.

I get that people have their opinion about Meyer and that is unlikely to change, however, I don't remember any recruits or families at OSU over the last few years have any problem with him. I know this Mike Webber thing just came up after signing day but I am not going to get concerned about someone being hurt about a position coach leaving for the NFL after signing day.

Eh, I think the thread title is a little over-sold. Even Urban didn't say they were "pushing" them to transfer. Just that they were "having conversations with" him about it. With all the rumors and their current situation, I'd be surprised if someone (or several someones) didn't at least ask him if he was thinking about it and why he was or wasn't considering it. Depends on how you want to semantic it I guess.

How are media members pushing Braxton to transfer? I guess I don't see the influence.

Urban Meyer, the role model for honesty and decency in recruiting. :lol:

You don't see a problem with a media member talking to a Nebraska player about playing somewhere else? Maybe a place where it would benefit a media member or company? Lets say ESPN ( I am not saying they are in on Braxton) started getting in your star players ear wanting them to go to an SEC school? I bet you would love that.

I get that people have their opinion about Meyer and that is unlikely to change, however, I don't remember any recruits or families at OSU over the last few years have any problem with him. I know this Mike Webber thing just came up after signing day but I am not going to get concerned about someone being hurt about a position coach leaving for the NFL after signing day.

I do. And if that person's name was Steve Sipple or Dirk Chatelain (two local writers) there'd be a ten-page thread here at HuskerBoard bitching about it.

Braxton Miller transferring would be good fodder for stories, get you lots of clicks & improve your Q score. It would benefit everyone except OSU & its fans, but that's secondary to a good story. Before he ever makes a decision, writing that he might will have to do.