Lottery is up to $500 Million - How would you spend it?

I don't know if my life would change all that much really. Yeah, I would get a nice house, nice cars, and other stuff, but it wouldn't be super crazy. It would be super nice to have that cash, and not have to worry about bills and other stuff. Of course, me "working" would be optional, but I would want to do "something", I just don't know what that would be.

My banks advisor who does a good job with what I have now has only one client, me. He handles the investments and I'm happy with the 5 to 10 % earnings he averages for me.

Next I'm off to Ecuador, a house in the mountains and a house on the beach. Why over spend in the US?

See to it that my family is taken care of forever and anybody who comes around asking for money can go to hell.

Generous contributions every year to Team Jack, The V Foundation and St. Jude Hospital.

Have Wendy Nix in every day to give me updates on sports. :-)

And a box in the Memorial Stadium that I can fit lots of HuskerBoard members into.

T_O_B

I think it would be fun to use some of it to set up a business to help others chase their dreams. Don't know how to structure it , but if someone had a great idea, or certain skill, but no capital, offer $100,000 forgivable loans. If they make it, pay me back, if not, no problem, but at least they were able to "take their shot", and move on with life knowing they were able to chase their dream.

I think it would be fun to use some of it to set up a business to help others chase their dreams. Don't know how to structure it , but if someone had a great idea, or certain skill, but no capital, offer $100,000 forgivable loans. If they make it, pay me back, if not, no problem, but at least they were able to "take their shot", and move on with life knowing they were able to chase their dream.

And that's a great way to lose all your cash. You do that 100 times, you will be out $10M.

Move from Tulsa to the mtns and another cheep place in Costa Rica or Belize

Then travel to the places on the bucket list.

Have enough money set aside to endow a charity. I figure other people know better how to run it, I'd volunteer.

Help my sons - both have families - with college tuition for the grand kids, etc Help make the path smoother for them but not overly smooth - the best lessons come from the school of hard knocks. Besides, they'd get the inheritance when the bucket calls for both of us.

By the way, has anyone known an individual personally who made it rich on the lottery? If so, how did it work out for them?

And that's a great way to lose all your cash. You do that 100 times, you will be out $10M.

Yeah, like I said, not sure how I would structure it. But if you bring home roughly 150 million. Set 50 million aside and live off interest, 50 million aside and give interest to charity, 50 million aside and use interest on that for my "forgivable loan program". 50 million at 3 % gives me 1.5 million to "invest" each year.

I'd buy some real estate (rental properties such as apartment buildings and strip malls and such) and hire people to manage them.

I'd travel the world. Italy, Greece, Bora Bora, Australia, anywhere I want to go.

I'd retire my parents and build them a house.

I'd retire myself and my fiance and build us a custom log home.

I'd buy myself a husky.

That's good.

Why would people give to charity but not give it to people "who ask"...just curious

I would buy a strip club or start one, for sure.

I would make sure I had a cool house with a bad ass pool

I would make sure some of my friends could "retire" with me cause if they were not free I would be bored

Because more often than not it's some one looking to mooch, or for a free handout. The history of people coming into to quick money is littered with stories of their demise by giving to friend of friends and distant relations till it was ALL gone.

#1 on my list, quit my job and enjoy my children. When you're never around you can't begin to understand how much that time means to you.

#2 I'd purchase/build a golf course, always been something I wanted to do and this would take up my time, to stay mentally sharp, you gotta stay busy doing something.

#3 I'd create a foundation for fallen first responders children that would give scholorships to children of fallen first responders to make sure they are taken care of. I'd employ members of my family in the foundation so I know they're taken care of and compensate them well for their efforts.

#4 I'd probably buy a nice house on a lot of land, employ some friends of mine as private security contractors to keep some of the creeps away from me and compensate them well as well.

#5 Lots of other things I'd do, but the most important thing would be to not let the lottery winnings control me and ruin my life.