What exercise did you do today?

NUance

Me, I walked to work. Despite it being 9 degrees out, and a bit windy. lol

I try to walk to work two or three days per week. It's only 1.1 miles each way so it only takes about 20 minutes or so. 15 if I hustle. I normally don't walk when it's this cold out. But I've just gotten back on my feet this past week from a slipped disc the last week of January. Walking is good for the back. That, and I weighed in at 218 lbs yesterday. Walking is good for the belt too. :lol:

Mobility complex to get my hips and shoulders opened up.

Starting Strength routine: Squats 3x5, Bench Press 3x5, Deadlift 1x5.

Auxiliary core and arm work.

I got the lifting part down, I need to work on the nutrition (I hate the word diet).

Awesome. How long have you been doing SS?

I got the lifting part down, I need to work on the nutrition (I hate the word diet).

I think this is my 6th week. I started bare bar, like some recommend. I have lifted for 10 or so years, so it was certainly a shot to the ego squatting and deadlifting bare bar. It has helped my form immensely. I've moved up in weight incrementally, obviously more in squat/DL than presses. I'm doing the Wichita Falls Variant (I believe), that doesn't have snatch/cleans.

Squat 3x5

Press (alternating bench and overhead) 3X5

Pull (Deadlift 1x5 or pull-ups to failure)

After that, I mix in some core and other auxiliary lifts as desired.

I think this is my 6th week. I started bare bar, like some recommend. I have lifted for 10 or so years, so it was certainly a shot to the ego squatting and deadlifting bare bar. It has helped my form immensely. I've moved up in weight incrementally, obviously more in squat/DL than presses. I'm doing the Wichita Falls Variant (I believe), that doesn't have snatch/cleans.

Squat 3x5

Press (alternating bench and overhead) 3X5

Pull (Deadlift 1x5 or pull-ups to failure)

After that, I mix in some core and other auxiliary lifts as desired.

Nice!

I followed SS for the better part of a year. After a few stalls on pretty much everything, I switched to a light day in the middle of the week. That only worked for a 3 or 4 weeks. I'm now using the Texas Method and I like it quite a bit. This is my 14th week.

I've enlisted the help of an online coach to see if we can take it to the next level, programming and nutrition wise. It seems with my programming I could be working a bit harder, but my lifts are going up weekly so I can't complain too much.

I enjoy barbell training because you get a ton out of it with just a few simple movements and proper programming.

Any of you boys do weighted lunges? Been doing more and more and I feel the burn from those far more than squats. Squatting is a great base for leg size and strength and overall core strength but if you don't do lunges currently I would recommend it.

Today is chest and triceps day. I kind of mix up my routine and I don't hardly keep track of my weights and reps too much as far as week to week month to month. I do high reps and super-sets. Supersets meaning I'll do max reps for say overhead tricep on the cables and switch straight into tricep push downs. No rest between. It's two different exercise, same muscle group back to back and hits different areas of that muscle group. It helps with my intensity.

I'll do 8 sets of a particular workout. No more than 30 seconds rest between sets. I also like to drop set my last 3 or so sets. That goes for just about everything I do.

I mix in heavy days and light days. Sometimes if I'm feeling strong I mix up a bit of both. Depends on how I feel.

I was doing Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size program but Ive kind of fell off any set routine and have been doing my own thing. I'll prbabaly get back on that but I'm going to continue to do mostly high reps and 8 sets. Especially sticking to drop sets. I get the absolute best pump doing that.

I've been working on getting more and more diverse all while sticking to my mainstays. Any suggestions on some shredding lifts anybody has would be fantastic.

Been working hard on my chest. Just started doing cable flys where I start at the bottom and work all the way up each step on the rack. It ends up obviously being a crap ton of reps but it hits each area and I feel it big time about halfway through. Use a weight that you are nearing failure but not killing yourself. By the time you hit the top you'll be dying anyways. If you have to drop set the last few sets, have at it. I do!

I was doing Jim Stoppani's shortcut to size program but Ive kind of fell off any set routine and have been doing my own thing. I'll prbabaly get back on that but I'm going to continue to do mostly high reps and 8 sets. Especially sticking to drop sets. I get the absolute best pump doing that.

I did the Shortcut to Size program two years ago before I moved back to KC. I was the heaviest, biggest, and strongest I've ever been. After I plateau with Starting Strength, I think I'll make my way back to it.

I did the Shortcut to Size program two years ago before I moved back to KC. I was the heaviest, biggest, and strongest I've ever been. After I plateau with Starting Strength, I think I'll make my way back to it.

Currently doing this program, been doing it off and on for the past year. Way stronger than I used to be and the size I've put on is noticeable. I'm on day 60 today and did shoulders, traps, and calves. Great program that my body can't adapt to with the changes in weight and reps throughout the program.