What exercise did you do today?

NUance

Speaking of shoes, if you squat a lot I'd highly recommend a proper lifting shoe of some sort. Heel height it up to you, but something with a non compressible sole and straps. Its light years better than squatting in trainers.

I've heard a lot of guys I trust in the field say the same thing. Any you specifically recommend? I know nothing about these kind of shoes.

I have a pair of Rogue DoWins that I love. I heard they stopped selling them though :(

Lots of folks seem to gravitate towards Adidias AdiPower'ss or NIke Romaleo's

I'd buy them a half size smaller than usual as you want them snug. I bought mine that way and they were tight when I first got them but now they're perfect.

Watch out for shoes labelled as crossfit shoes that look similar. Those have a less compressable sole than a trainer, but it's still compressible. If you're primarily training the squat and deads, you don't want those IMO

What site do you use for an on-line trainer? I just started fit orbit and I really like it.

4 miles trying to do the chi running mentioned in the other thread.

Good for you sir. You might take .25 of a mile in each mile and give special attention to your form and think about Chi Running. That helps me a lot. You can't "focus" the whole time but it's good to take some time in different parts of a run to focus on technique.

Do you have a goal in mind with your running at the present time?

I run 40-50 miles in a week so I won't post what I do here as I would post something every day. :-) If you end up tracking your stuff on an app let me know which one as I might be able to follow your running.

Well,what I did was went through the posture steps at the beginning. Then, (I listen to 80s Rock right now when I run) at the end of each song I concentrated on my posture and how my feet were striking the ground.

My goal is basically just to stay in shape. But, since goals are motivational to me I had planned to run the Lincoln half marathon. Didn't get signed up in time so my new goal is to be in shape enough to climb a 14,000 foot peak in Colorado this summer.

I'm trying to increase mileage but I'm just getting over about two weeks of having a crappy cold so my body is saying...."no".

Chest, tri's and calves today, good workout, I had plenty left at the end so I think I killed it today because it's not an easy workout. 3 more weeks until I start training for my adventure race, I'm going to look into that chi running stuff as I've always had issues running and I'm going to have to start running for this adventure race.

• Fire 1

So i have been stretching then running for the last month. Obviously was never a runner before, but someone suggested to jump on the bike for 5 min to loosen the muscles then stretch then run.

Helped...

Any other advice?

Ran 3.14 in 30 minutes(Personal best)

Stretch after you exercise.

• Fire 1

Just did the first leg workout of week 3 of the Arnold blueprint. Really intense, and takes forever since the UNL rec is crowded as hell on mondays. Ready for some chest tomorrow though!

Early afternoon and mornings are the best times to go to the rec. It definitely wasn't as bad once they got all the new equipment, but they f'd a lot of stuff up. Like no decline benches at all, and pre-weighted ez bars and BBs that go up by 10 pound increments not 5.

Just did the first leg workout of week 3 of the Arnold blueprint. Really intense, and takes forever since the UNL rec is crowded as hell on mondays. Ready for some chest tomorrow though!

Early afternoon and mornings are the best times to go to the rec. It definitely wasn't as bad once they got all the new equipment, but they f'd a lot of stuff up. Like no decline benches at all, and pre-weighted ez bars and BBs that go up by 10 pound increments not 5.

Yes! It sucks! I almost want to use one of the squat racks so i can go up by 5's when im doing barbell curls, but i know thats frowned upon so I won't

I know in January they still had the bars hidden in that little side room with equipment. You could ask for one if you wanted and I'm sure they wouldn't care.

I did line drills on the basketball court after I lifted today and holy crap am I outta shape again. Only did 3 and I wanted to puke. I guess the stationary bike doesn't do much for me.