What exercise did you do today?

NUance

• 3 weeks later...

Any of you guys ever do whats called "Rep and a halves"? I do supersets, and dropsets all the time but have just come on to this type of lift to change it up a bit. Its a real focus type of workout, good for triceps and biceps, but I'm sure you could do them with just about any lift. A "Rep and a half" is when you lift to full contraction, then release, but instead of a full release, only release a few inches then recontract the muscle to full contraction. It really hits the specific area. Great for preacher curl or any type of EZ bar curls especially.

I've also been doing these for about six months or so.... http://www.menshealth.com/workout-center/e/the-peak-fitness-workout/the-peak-fitness-workout/dumbbell-curl-with-static-hold/27696-27690-25805

another great way to keep that muscle contracted.

Did my own little dualthon this afternoon. Biked 9 miles, which was about the absolute limit my back could handle, and then ran a mile right afterwards. Embrace the suck! I've ran slower miles with no conditioning and more than 40lbs of fat ago, but I don't know if I've ran a harder one. That was the first time I've ever tried it, and it was rough. I'll definitely being doing it again! Maybe even after every bike ride if I have the energy.

• 2 weeks later...