Charlton Warren leaving

I don't get why you would leave a lesser school as the DC to take a job at a higher prestige school to be a position coach with a pay raise to then a year later go to yet another lesser school with less pay just to get Co-DC on your title.

It sounds like Nebraska counter offered, but if he covets the co-DC title, than there not much Riley could do short of giving him that title. This is a real loss. Hopefully, Riley replaces Warren with a teaching coach with similar recruiting abilities.

@CoachJP_UNC: #Boom

Kind of an ironic twist to stick it to the program that gave an......ummm............relatively untested, un-known quantity a major opportunity at a major school a shot................

Big time lack of class from JP......

I'm not surprised at all.

The majority of that former staff did a pretty good job of displaying their lack of class. Which is funny when you consider they preached about integrity more than any coaches I've ever seen.

Those who have class and integrity don't need to boast of it.

• Fire 2

So Warren is going to UNC to be a Co-DC and secondary coach. Supposedly Papuchis was their secondary coach. So let me get this straight. Our former DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR cant even get to spring practice at his new job without the program bringing in a former SUBORDINATE to literally oversee his responsibilities as a position coach-NOT a coordinator. Let's let that sink in for a sec.

• Fire 4

@CoachJP_UNC: #Boom

Kind of an ironic twist to stick it to the program that gave an......ummm............relatively untested, un-known quantity a major opportunity at a major school a shot................

Big time lack of class from JP......

I'm not surprised at all.

The majority of that former staff did a pretty good job of displaying their lack of class. Which is funny when you consider they preached about integrity more than any coaches I've ever seen.

What is wrong for a guy using a tag that they created to show the fans that the program just made an addition. Just bc they switch jobs they can still use boom. We have moved on and nebraskajustgotbetter. Not a big deal.

• Fire 1

So Warren is going to UNC to be a Co-DC and secondary coach. Supposedly Papuchis was their secondary coach. So let me get this straight. Our former DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR cant even get to spring practice at his new job without the program bringing in a former SUBORDINATE to literally oversee his responsibilities as a position coach-NOT a coordinator. Let's let that sink in for a sec.

Mind.........Blown.

I don't get why you would leave a lesser school as the DC to take a job at a higher prestige school to be a position coach with a pay raise to then a year later go to yet another lesser school with less pay just to get Co-DC on your title.

It sounds like Nebraska counter offered, but if he covets the co-DC title, than there not much Riley could do short of giving him that title. This is a real loss. Hopefully, Riley replaces Warren with a teaching coach with similar recruiting abilities.

That's what I don't get though. I felt like him coming to Nebraska after being the DC/Secondary/RC/Associate HC and whatever else either meant he wanted to coach at a higher prestige program or wanted higher pay. Really hope Riley can replace his recruiting impact somehow.

Mind.........Blown.

I know, right?