Nutrition

You could still do weights 2 or 3 times a week for a half hour or so. Maybe a quick full body workout focusing on the major compound lifts and an accessory lift or two, or still do a split routine so you can keep the time down but go an extra day. Just a thought...

It's possible, but over training probably starts coming into play somewhere. I have to bike, half-marathon train, and row somehow, then throw lifting in there and I could be in the gym for hours. I'm planning on finalizing my training plan this weekend for the next 15 weeks.

Overtraining doesn't exist. Some of the best gains I have got involved me doing my big 3 lifts one day(bench,squat,dead) and a body part I am trying to add mass to for the other 4 days. Arms for example. Do bis and tris 4 days a week for roughly 6 weeks and you will add around an inch to your arms

Overtraining doesn't exist. Some of the best gains I have got involved me doing my big 3 lifts one day(bench,squat,dead) and a body part I am trying to add mass to for the other 4 days. Arms for example. Do bis and tris 4 days a week for roughly 6 weeks and you will add around an inch to your arms

Yes it does... Otherwise you would be able to go balls to the wall performing the same lifts and cardio everyday and your body would simply adapt without injury, or mental or physical fatigue. That doesn't happen.

I assume you probably work 12 hour shifts BRI so that would be a pretty hellatious. But if I was at the gym I would want to at least try and get in one major lift, that's just me though.

Over training is a very real thing.

Over training is a very real thing.

It can be, but for most recreational folks I see it used more of an excuse than an actual thing.

Simply disagree on the over training topic. I'm in the gym an hour and a half as it is. By the time I get through my run training I'll be running another hour to two hours depending on the scheduled training day. Add in a biking training session a couple times a week of 20-40 miles and you've got over training issues. Your muscles need time to recover and repair, that's how they grow. Doing arms 4 days a week doesn't sound like a good idea to me. JMO

Simply disagree on the over training topic. I'm in the gym an hour and a half as it is. By the time I get through my run training I'll be running another hour to two hours depending on the scheduled training day. Add in a biking training session a couple times a week of 20-40 miles and you've got over training issues. Your muscles need time to recover and repair, that's how they grow. Doing arms 4 days a week doesn't sound like a good idea to me. JMO

Ever worked a labor intensive job that required you to use your legs or arms extensively? If you are lifting and pull etc for 40 plus hours a week you may notice that your forearms or calves etc seem to be sore quite a bit. You would also notice that your body adapts and you end up with more muscle mass in these areas.

Lifting arms for 4 days a week for 6 weeks will do no harm. When I'm ingesting 250+ grams of protein per day and loading up on BCAAs with a properly balanced post workout meal/shake.

An average lifting session for me runs between 1.5 to 2 hrs. Are you telling me that at max using my bis and tris strenuously for 8 hrs a week is Overtraining? That is at most 1/12th of the allotted time in 4 days. Overtraining in regards to lifting weights is a bunch of bullsh#t for people that don't wanna put in the hours to push themselves to that next level. Buncha bon bon eatting pussies

Ever worked a labor intensive job that required you to use your legs or arms extensively? If you are lifting and pull etc for 40 plus hours a week you may notice that your forearms or calves etc seem to be sore quite a bit. You would also notice that your body adapts and you end up with more muscle mass in these areas.

Lifting arms for 4 days a week for 6 weeks will do no harm. When I'm ingesting 250+ grams of protein per day and loading up on BCAAs with a properly balanced post workout meal/shake.

An average lifting session for me runs between 1.5 to 2 hrs. Are you telling me that at max using my bis and tris strenuously for 8 hrs a week is Overtraining? That is at most 1/12th of the allotted time in 4 days. Overtraining in regards to lifting weights is a bunch of bullsh#t for people that don't wanna put in the hours to push themselves to that next level. Buncha bon bon eatting pussies

There are repetitive motion injuries all the time in the work place.

There are repetitive motion injuries all the time in the work place.

40+ hrs vs 8hrs a week

There is no over training, just under eating.

That is what my buddy tells me. If your sore, eat some more.

If you're sore, sleep more. Not including coming back from time off, the most sore I become is always after a lack of sleep. If I get less than 7 hours I'm noticeably more sore the next few days.

40+ hrs vs 8hrs a week

It's also a difference of moderate to heavy exertion vs. maximum exertion.

You can have your opinion Hedley, isn't going to change mine. 18 years in the gym has taught me plenty of mistakes and how to not do things. To each his own......

Focusing on a certain body part for 6 weeks and rotating isn't how "not to do things" it is another way that MANY people have shown to be beneficial when trying to catch up a muscle group that may be less developed than others. If you don't want to do that or like that then that is fine. However it isn't a mistake or the wrong way man.

• Fire 1