Beau Walker - Leaving orange for Big Red

knapplc

Leaving orange for Big Red

By Mark Morical / The Bulletin / @MarkMorical

Beau Walker admits that he misses the mountains. But there was no way he was going to pass up this opportunity.

Walker, who spent seven seasons as a student assistant and graduate assistant for the Oregon State football program, has followed head coach Mike Riley to serve as a graduate assistant at Nebraska.

A former star quarterback at Bend High School, Walker, 25, has been in Lincoln, Nebraska, for about a month and a half now.

It is (flat), but it’s not bad,” Walker says of Nebraska. “It’s actually really nice. Definitely you miss your family and stuff, but at the same time, it’s my opportunity to spread the wings a little bit, and I’m excited to do so.”

"It's actually really nice."

The Nebraska Tourism Board is missing out if they don't adopt that as our new state motto. Nebraska, "Nice" is OK, but adding "actually really" nails it. :D

• Fire 6

Beau Walker admits that he misses the mountains. But there was no way he was going to pass up this opportunity.

Walker, who spent seven seasons as a student assistant and graduate assistant for the Oregon State football program, has followed head coach Mike Riley to serve as a graduate assistant at Nebraska.

A former star quarterback at Bend High School, Walker, 25, has been in Lincoln, Nebraska, for about a month and a half now.

It is (flat), but it’s not bad,” Walker says of Nebraska. “It’s actually really nice. Definitely you miss your family and stuff, but at the same time, it’s my opportunity to spread the wings a little bit, and I’m excited to do so.”

The Nebraska Tourism Board is missing out if they don't adopt that as our new state motto. Nebraska, "Nice" is OK, but adding "actually really" nails it. :D

Ha!

Nebraska: Actually Really Nice ™

The facilities are really nice here,” Walker says. “They’re really nice at Oregon State, too, but these ones are pretty big. The stadium’s obviously big, you can tell that just by the amount of seats that are inside of it

It's actually not that big....we just have really narrow seats. LOL

• Fire 1

If there was one PNW town I'd live in, it would probably be Bend, OR. That place has about every outdoorsy type of recreation within 20 miles.