Biggest Loser

TGHusker

I'll take NUance's advise (from my Losing weight for over 55 year old thread) We can determine the rules on who lost the most - is it by total pounds (obvious answer) or by % of goal met, or beginning weight vs ending weight ratio, etc. If you guys have a best way of doing this, chip in on the thread. I'll start it.

Maybe we make the goal June 1 - the date NUance said he wants to be in swimming shape.

Maybe we can chip in with advice, encouragement and ways to keep it off.

By the way, I'm not on HB Board as much as many of you, so feel free to take charge of this thread if I don't get a chance to contribute as much as some of you. If you guys are comfortable wt guidelines - you have my blessings - I just started it - I don't mind if others drive it if they have time.

I'm currently at 218 my goal is 185 - 33 lb loss goal.

• Fire 1

I will join for the fun of it. I started watching my food intake the day after the Super Bowl. I started at 237 and my goal is 215. Yeah, I would love to get lower than 215, but that's a realistic weight for me to maintain. Frankly, I like to eat and drink too much to get down much lower than that. Although, I told my kids I wouldn't have any beer for a month after the Super Bowl. I have kept that promise, and have only had one night of drinking hard liquor in February.

I weighed in last Saturday at 231.4, so I am making good progress in the first 3 weeks.

I'm :bigredn: !! :lol:

I've been lingering between 214 to 219 these past few months. This morning I weighed in at 217. I'd like to get down to 195 by swimming pool season. Don't know if I can go that low since I haven't dipped below 200 lbs in several years.

My goal of losing 33 lbs is a bit to digressive for June 1. If I can do 20 lbs by June 1 - I think that is more manageable. Maybe 33 by end of summer. Let's keep cking in to see how we are doing.

TG, there is nothing wrong with an aggressive goal, but it's also good to set smaller goals that you can meet in a shorter time period. Like, I want to drop 7 pounds by April 1. That way you have short-term goals that you can reach, that lead towards your long-term goal.

My goal of losing 33 lbs is a bit to digressive for June 1. If I can do 20 lbs by June 1 - I think that is more manageable. Maybe 33 by end of summer. Let's keep cking in to see how we are doing.

TG, there is nothing wrong with an aggressive goal, but it's also good to set smaller goals that you can meet in a shorter time period. Like, I want to drop 7 pounds by April 1. That way you have short-term goals that you can reach, that lead towards your long-term goal.

Very good thought. We (mgrs at work discussing wt HR) just talked about setting similar goals - short term and long term for our employees. Good idea to apply it here. Now I did lose 12 lbs from Kidney stones (hospital for 3 days and one nurse said it is as bad as labor - since she's done both - my wife doesn't have that 'not as painful as labor' to hold over my head anymore!) but I gained about 6 back - probably lost a lot of water. That would have been a nice 'jump start' but I wouldn't recommend stones for a diet plan. :ahhhhhhhh

I've already lost 15 pounds since Jan. 19th when I started working out again and watched what I put in my mouth (stopped eating out for lunch everyday and drinking pop). Don't really have a specific weight goal, just want to get back in shape and lose this fat that I've accumulated over the years.

Very good thought. We (mgrs at work discussing wt HR) just talked about setting similar goals - short term and long term for our employees. Good idea to apply it here. Now I did lose 12 lbs from Kidney stones (hospital for 3 days and one nurse said it is as bad as labor - since she's done both - my wife doesn't have that 'not as painful as labor' to hold over my head anymore!) but I gained about 6 back - probably lost a lot of water. That would have been a nice 'jump start' but I wouldn't recommend stones for a diet plan. :ahhhhhhhh

I thought you were joking by exaggerating how big your kidney stones were. Now that I'm reading it correctly I no longer think you had 12 lbs of kidney stones :funnyhahah I haven't had the pleasure of kidney stones but friends have told me how bad they are. One lost 95% functionality of one of his kidneys. He drank a lot of coke.

I was 240 three years ago and am around 192-195 presently. I'm wanting to get to 188-185 reducing my body fat to below 20. At present it is around 21.5. It would be achievable to get to 18 as I shread some fat and add some muscle. My desire is to finish up this 4th marathon this Sunday and then get back to more balance between weight lifting and running. I'd like to do more body sculpting but at the same time my running allows for some good cardio burn.

I guess I'll throw in here and be a loser as well.

Just so you guys get a feel I'm 6'1" and about 225 right now. I've been hovering around 228 to 222 since the Superbowl. The first 35 to 40 pounds I lost seemed easy, but now this damn gut just keeps hanging around and I lack consistency with eating well. I can maintain this weight very easily but it's not where I want to be. My goal at the moment is to get down to 210 and see what I look like. My real goal is to see my abs for the first time in my life, which I'm thinking may require me to get down to 200.

I was 240 three years ago and am around 192-195 presently. I'm wanting to get to 188-185 reducing my body fat to below 20. At present it is around 21.5. It would be achievable to get to 18 as I shread some fat and add some muscle. My desire is to finish up this 4th marathon this Sunday and then get back to more balance between weight lifting and running. I'd like to do more body sculpting but at the same time my running allows for some good cardio burn.

What was your routine to go from 240 to 192?

I thought you were joking by exaggerating how big your kidney stones were. Now that I'm reading it correctly I no longer think you had 12 lbs of kidney stones :funnyhahah I haven't had the pleasure of kidney stones but friends have told me how bad they are. One lost 95% functionality of one of his kidneys. He drank a lot of coke.

Believe me it felt like 12 lbs of stones. Hard to believe one tiny 'pebble' can cause so much pain. Yes, it is a 'pleasure' you don't need to experience.