Biggest Loser

TGHusker

• 2 weeks later...

I am failing miserably at this thing. Weighed in at 217 this morning. That's exactly where I started three weeks ago. Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.

Part of the problem is that I slipped a disk towards the end of January and I was totally laid up for about two weeks. Every since then I've been gimping around with sore back muscles. Even now I can only sit for an hour or so before things tighten up and I need to get up and walk around the office for a few minutes. So for the past month and a half exercise has been out of the question. But that's only part of the problem. The other half of the weight loss equation is intake. And I've been very undisciplined in regards to eating. Hence, the complete lack of progress.

So I'm going to *try* to change things up. My buddy from a shop down the street is fasting every Wednesday for Lent. I'm going to join him, or at least I'm going to try. But I'm going to take it one step further. I'm also going to go vegetarian on Tuesday and Thursday. And then on Friday, I know I'll be hungry. So I'll try to practice moderation. We'll see how it goes this first week. And since my slipped disk is on the mend I can now try to burn a few calories. Easy stuff at first. Like walking a few blocks during the day. Hopefully I'll be able to engage in something a bit more strenuous before long.

I am failing miserably at this thing. Weighed in at 217 this morning. That's exactly where I started three weeks ago. Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.

Part of the problem is that I slipped a disk towards the end of January and I was totally laid up for about two weeks. Every since then I've been gimping around with sore back muscles. Even now I can only sit for an hour or so before things tighten up and I need to get up and walk around the office for a few minutes. So for the past month and a half exercise has been out of the question. But that's only part of the problem. The other half of the weight loss equation is intake. And I've been very undisciplined in regards to eating. Hence, the complete lack of progress.

So I'm going to *try* to change things up. My buddy from a shop down the street is fasting every Wednesday for Lent. I'm going to join him, or at least I'm going to try. But I'm going to take it one step further. I'm also going to go vegetarian on Tuesday and Thursday. And then on Friday, I know I'll be hungry. So I'll try to practice moderation. We'll see how it goes this first week. And since my slipped disk is on the mend I can now try to burn a few calories. Easy stuff at first. Like walking a few blocks during the day. Hopefully I'll be able to engage in something a bit more strenuous before long.

I have a diet plan that you could try. I shared it with Beanman and Knapp last year. I was able to shed almost 30 lbs in about 8 weeks. Everything is based off of macros and when you eat them. I will try to send it to you if you want.

I have a diet plan that you could try. I shared it with Beanman and Knapp last year. I was able to shed almost 30 lbs in about 8 weeks. Everything is based off of macros and when you eat them. I will try to send it to you if you want.

I would be interested in that as well. If you don't mind :)

I am having hip replacement surgery next week.Need some ideas for exercise during recovery.Was a runner,not in my future according to the doc.

Not sure what you could do while recovering, I'm sure they'll give you a PT plan that will be challenging. Walking is always a good thing to start with when you get the go ahead. Once you recover you could try biking of some kind, and hitting the old heavy bag or just shadow boxing is always a good workout.

Thanks. I'd like to see your diet plan.

I'd be interested to take a look at it as well.

NUance don't get too frustrated. I've been up and down the last few week 223-221. I haven't been eating terrible, but I think not checking myself on weekends is catching up to me. I use to eat moderate on Saturdays then eat whatever I wanted Saturday night through Sunday within reason, but I don't think that's going to work anymore. I Tweak my back in February and was out for two weeks as well. And I think I re-aggravated my QL muscle that I hurt from compensating for my back pain a week ago, but I can still do a lot even with that pain. If you're not stretching, trying to improve posture, and trying to improve your back and core strength I would highly suggest it. A slip disk is a different than a strain but they basically have the same rehab.

I'd be interested to take a look at it as well.

NUance don't get too frustrated. I've been up and down the last few week 223-221. I haven't been eating terrible, but I think not checking myself on weekends is catching up to me. I use to eat moderate on Saturdays then eat whatever I wanted Saturday night through Sunday within reason, but I don't think that's going to work anymore. I Tweak my back in February and was out for two weeks as well. And I think I re-aggravated my QL muscle that I hurt from compensating for my back pain a week ago, but I can still do a lot even with that pain. If you're not stretching, trying to improve posture, and trying to improve your back and core strength I would highly suggest it. A slip disk is a different than a strain but they basically have the same rehab.

I did the veggie-Tuesday, fasting-Wednesday, veggie-Thursday thing this week. Weighed in at 213 this AM. It's a start. At least I'm headed in the right direction.

Trying to do the veggie-fasting-veggie thing again this week (Tues-Wed-Thurs). But failed, sort of. Yesterday (fasting), I made it until sundown. Then I had a couple bowls of cabbage soup. Then some pistachios. Then I fixed a bowl of ice cream for my kid, and it looked so good I had a bowl myself. Okay, the soup and nuts, I don't feel too guilty about. But the ice cream. Oy!

Weighed in this AM at 210.7 lbs. That's a loss of about 2.5 lbs from last week. So at least I'm still headed in the right direction. Will try to stick with a veggie diet today. Although I did have whole milk on my cereal this morning. :lol:

• Fire 1

Also, as a show of support I'll +1 anyone that posts a weight loss. Whether it's one lb or 10 lbs. (Please make it easy for me and let me know if your number represents a loss.)

Keep it up, losers! :lol:

Also, as a show of support I'll +1 anyone that posts a weight loss. Whether it's one lb or 10 lbs. (Please make it easy for me and let me know if your number represents a loss.)

Keep it up, losers! :lol:

Way to keep it up!!! I had an amazing weekend of food, brews, and basketball last weekend in Omaha, and did some bad things to my body and my waist line. I have tried to eat better and workout this week, but I am fighting some allergies. I stepped on the scale this morning, and I was up a couple pounds from last week. Oh well, hopefully it's just a minor setback and I can get back in the groove.