Great Video..."This is Nebraska"

Ric Flair

Talk is talk and I understand the reason they make these videos, all that will matter though is results. I think Riley fully understands how it all works. The coaches and the players have to come together and commit. It's going to take a full effort and a little bit of luck to get past Ohio St. and even be a blip on the national radar. These videos are fun but the hard work has to already be happening, especially by the players. I don't doubt for a second is group of veteran coaches is already doing everything they can to be prepared. I hope it all works out because first of all I'm a Husker fan, but secondly, I really like this group of coaches.

Maybe I'm easy but I buy what this guy says. First, I truly believe he believes, secondly I believe he can sell it to the players.

The difficult part will be to sell some of the fans this concept. This will be the mark of a great head coach. I think he can do it.Riley will be the Tim Miles of football.

Yeah. Until he makes the playoffs his second year, then goes 6-6 in his third and he's suddenly on the hot seat.

Ugh. Sad, truly sad.

Maybe I'm easy but I buy what this guy says. First, I truly believe he believes, secondly I believe he can sell it to the players.

The difficult part will be to sell some of the fans this concept. This will be the mark of a great head coach. I think he can do it.

Riley will be the Tim Miles of football.

Yeah. Until he makes the playoffs his second year, then goes 6-6 in his third and he's suddenly on the hot seat.

Making the playoffs would be a more impressive feat than Miles making the NCAA tournament by a longshot.

The difficult part will be to sell some of the fans this concept. This will be the mark of a great head coach. I think he can do it.

Riley will be the Tim Miles of football.

Making the playoffs would be a more impressive feat than Miles making the NCAA tournament by a longshot.

in regards to the respective expectations and history of each program, I'd say that shot isnt nearly as long as you think it is.

WOW, serious "Debbie Downers" around here. Everyone was bitching and wanting BO gone, now that he's gone, everyone is bitching about his replacement. I am 110% behind this guy until he gives me a reason not to be. Got me JACKED!! GBR

On a cold, dreary February day...nothing got me more ready for spring than that video! I agree

Part of me is hoping that this was an excerpt from a talk to players and staff. Good video - hopefully the words are sincere and resonate throughout the program

giphy.gif

Feel the Kool Aid flowing strong after watching it. Hopefully he means the words and more important hopefully he can produce the right way. It is not if you win, its how you win.

Depending on the audience, this is great or meh.

For those in the program, committed to the program, who live in Nebraska, this is great. For me, I feel proud of the video and direction of the program.

If I'm some high-level hs stud, its meh. No talk of Nattys, AAs, Academic AAs, Heismans, Huskers in the NFL. High schoolers want to know they are a part of more than just a team that is "going to compete for championships and grow men," especially since championships haven't exactly been attainable these days. I would imagine they want to know they have a chance at individual greatness too.

I think it's a good video to have, but just hope (and imagine) there will be more "hype" videos to show recruits. This is Nebraska. Let's show them what Nebraska can be again.

For those in the program, committed to the program, who live in Nebraska, this is great. For me, I feel proud of the video and direction of the program.

If I'm some high-level hs stud, its meh. No talk of Nattys, AAs, Academic AAs, Heismans, Huskers in the NFL. High schoolers want to know they are a part of more than just a team that is "going to compete for championships and grow men," especially since championships haven't exactly been attainable these days. I would imagine they want to know they have a chance at individual greatness too.

I think it's a good video to have, but just hope (and imagine) there will be more "hype" videos to show recruits. This is Nebraska. Let's show them what Nebraska can be again.

I really believe that this video had nothing to do with recruits. i believe this was for the fans. It really seemed to me like a slight backhanded swipe at the previous staff and the mistakes they made of not fully embracing all there is to take advantage of here. it's a fishbowl here from media to the fans. But how you utilitize that is up to you. You can embrace it and manipulate it to your advantage, or you can constantly be on edge with it, causing angst, tension, and division on a constant basis......

I really believe that this video had nothing to do with recruits. i believe this was for the fans. It really seemed to me like a slight backhanded swipe at the previous staff and the mistakes they made of not fully embracing all there is to take advantage of here. it's a fishbowl here from media to the fans. But how you utilitize that is up to you. You can embrace it and manipulate it to your advantage, or you can constantly be on edge with it, causing angst, tension, and division on a constant basis......

I also think it's a hell of a good recruiting video to send to the parents and coaches of the kids we're targeting. They'll be much more interested in the fact we're doing things the right way than their kids or players might be.