Signed - LB Greg Simmons

Player: Greg Simmons
Hometown: Fort Pierce, FL
School: Fort Pierce Central
Position: Inside Linebacker
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 220 lbs
40 time:
Offers: Bowling Green, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami, Nebraska
Visits: 6/6/15 - Big Red Weekend; 9/5/15 - BYU

Twitter

Rivals: #28 ILB; :star :star :star
247: #47 ILB; :star :star :star
Scout: #25 ILB; :star :star :star
ESPN: #12 ILB; :star :star :star

Hudl

• Fire 2

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed Miami already has 3 ILB commits with Simmons being the lowest rated (Obviously that doesn't mean he is the least talented), but wonder if those numbers push him away from Miami at all? We are really only in the real running for OLB'ers it seems so are (JoJo, Quayshon, Simmons and then Williams committed).

Noticed Miami already has 3 ILB commits with Simmons being the lowest rated (Obviously that doesn't mean he is the least talented), but wonder if those numbers push him away from Miami at all? We are really only in the real running for OLB'ers it seems so are (JoJo, Quayshon, Simmons and then Williams committed).

I don't count on him sticking with Miami if Golden gets the axe, so just gotta be in position should it happen.

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/content.php?899-Pernell-Interview-with-Greg-Simmons

Read an article of a Q/A Jeremy Parnell, here are a few of the ones that stuck out. Too be fair Parnell is a Husker guy (HuskerMax actually) so maybe these answers were probed for:

Q: What was your favorite college team growing up?
A: My favorite team growing up was Miami.

Q: Is there a school that hasn't offered you that you would like to see do so?

A: Yes, there are schools that I would love to see offer but I have Nebraska, the biggest one.

Q: Who is currently recruiting you the hardest?
A: Nebraska is recruiting me the hardest.

Q: Are you planning to take a trip up to Lincoln sometime this summer to check out the Nebraska campus and facilities?

A: I might not be able to come up this summer, but I am going to be taking an official visit there.

Q: What are some of the considerations you have when deciding between schools?
A: The thing I will be considering the most aren't things like location or early playing time. I will be looking for a comfortable atmosphere.

Q: Do you pay attention to the recruiting momentum of the teams you are considering?
A: Not really. It's more about who is recruiting me the hardest.

Q: You have a relationship with former Husker All-American, Wonder Monds. Can you describe that relationship.
A: Wonderful Monds is my Godfather. He is a great mentor and a great man all-around. He doesn't sugar coat anything. I think he should've been a head coach in college or the NFL.

Q: When Mike Riley and the new staff took over at Nebraska, they noticed a glaring need for linebacker help. Does the possibility of playing your way onto the field early with the Huskers excite you?
A: Yes, but I have decided to take a redshirt to get bigger.

Q: Talk a little more about wanting to Redshirt.

A: Redshirting is just a great idea. I will get to learn the system and hit the weight room and ultimately be at Nebraska for 5-years!

**** Did he slip up here and let something out of the bag??

Q: Have you been much of a peer recruiter for Miami? Have you communicated with any prospective recruits about attending school with you?
A: No I haven't. I know that I could change my mind about Miami and go somewhere else.

• Fire 4