Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

I've been trying to find the words to express the difference between the feel or attitude of HCMR and his staff compared to HCBP and his, and don't know where to begin. There is a sense of "we're all in this together", "I don't know all the answers", "we have a plan based on thinking and experience that may change here and there", and, perhaps most of all respect for the press, fans and all involved. Simply amazing. .

• Fire 3

From Sam this morning:

» Defensive end Erik Evans: The Waverly walk-on has a real shot at playing time. Physically, he’s built like Jack Gangwish — still a strong candidate to start — and has showed a strong “get off” at the snap.

» Brandon Reilly: In the three practices we’ve seen, he’s open more often than most and looked the best thus far.

» Cornerback Trai Mosley: Perhaps the fastest of all the corners, the 5-foot-10 Mosley is built for aggressive man coverage. He can get into a receiver’s chest and pop him. He had three interceptions Saturday.

» Tight end Luke McNitt: A transfer from UNK — where he played quarterback — McNitt appears to be a nice fit for an H-back spot in Riley’s offense.

» Guards Tanner Farmer and Jerald Foster: Assistant coach Mike Cavanaugh likes guys who bring their belly button on blocks — a favorite Cavanaugh saying. Farmer and Foster, still pups in Nebraska’s pipeline, apparently do that.

» Offensive tackle Nick Gates: Strong pop, good feet. That 2014 offensive line recruiting class is coming along fine.

» Defensive end Greg McMullen: Only about 20 pounds lighter than Vincent Valentine, making him the biggest base end Nebraska has had since Zach Potter or Adam Carriker. Interesting player. He hits heavy.

» Quarterback A.J. Bush: Still had “it” through the first week. Stays after practice, takes more snaps, wants to be good.

A lot more on the WRs/downfield passing and some division W/L stats in the story.

• Fire 2

A comment made on the Packer show last year about Ohio State. Their OLine and Dline did not look like normal linemen. More cut less bulk, more muscle it appeared. Big, but in better shape. Maybe we have taken a page from their book.

Got nothing to do with OSU, We are finally back on the Boyd Epply training program where we belong.

Piersen El and Westy sat today. Mosley picked TA 3x 1 a pick 6. Tommy didn't look good today, worst ever. our DL looked great. Cross and Wilbon first team rBs.

Wow! Wilbon making a push! Not surprising entirely, I love the way the kid runs, but damn good work considering the talent on this roster. The guy must be working his tail off. Good for him. I hope to see a lot of him this year.

Ha! I love it...he doesn't like scuffles...

For the past 7 years all the posts have been about wanting more physical practices with that "get in your face" attitude and scuffles to keep people in line.

I don't care how he does it...just win freaking games. But lets not pretend like 99%* of the posts were about how the team need that Jason Peter(s) and Grant Wi(n)trom type to kick asses on the practice field.

*That % is hyperbole

• Fire 2