The Car, Truck, Bike you wish you were driving

Sometimes it is money, life situations, or other reasons that keep you from driving the vehicle you'd really like to drive. What kind of vehicle would you like to be driving now but you just can't make it work at this stage of life (doesn't have to be a money thing)? Yes there are many high price cars/trucks/bikes out there but it isn't always the price of the toy that creates the desire for it.

For me it is a red (NU red of course) Dodge Challenger. When I got married, I had a 1972 Plymouth Challenger, similar to the one below (just minus the white stripe). We moved from Brookings, SD (SDSU grad) to Tulsa pulling UHaul wt that car in 1978. The thing was sleek, fast :cop: and a lot of fun to drive. Within a few years, baby # 1 comes along and it was time to get rid of that car (it was having some issues and was in a fender bender but still a fairly good car. It became more valuable as time went along - something I wish I had the foreknowledge to see) So, I go from that to our 1st family car - an 1980 Aspen :facepalm: Since that time, "my" car became the family hand me down car as I always gladly gave my wife the newer 'family' car. But now that we are empty nesters, I'd sure love to get that Challenger car feel back again - as it was the only true 'guy' car that I've ever owned. I currently drive an older Camry wt 190k miles because I'm too frugal and practical to get rid of it when it is still running well. Darn Toyotas last so long that they run much longer than one's 'emotional' attachment to the car :bang . Besides at my age most extra $$s go to the retirement fund - but it would be nice to drive a Challenger again.

70Challenger.jpg

• Fire 1

Sometimes it is money, life situations, or other reasons that keep you from driving the vehicle you'd really like to drive. What kind of vehicle would you like to be driving now but you just can't make it work at this stage of life (doesn't have to be a money thing)? Yes there are many high price cars/trucks/bikes out there but it isn't always the price of the toy that creates the desire for it.

For me it is a red (NU red of course) Dodge Challenger. When I got married, I had a 1972 Plymouth Challenger, similar to the one below (just minus the white stripe). We moved from Brookings, SD (SDSU grad) to Tulsa pulling UHaul wt that car in 1978. The thing was sleek, fast :cop: and a lot of fun to drive. Within a few years, baby # 1 comes along and it was time to get rid of that car (it was having some issues and was in a fender bender but still a fairly good car. It became more valuable as time went along - something I wish I had the foreknowledge to see) So, I go from that to our 1st family car - an 1980 Aspen :facepalm: Since that time, "my" car became the family hand me down car as I always gladly gave my wife the newer 'family' car. But now that we are empty nesters, I'd sure love to get that Challenger car feel back again - as it was the only true 'guy' car that I've ever owned. I currently drive an older Camry wt 190k miles because I'm too frugal and practical to get rid of it when it is still running well. Darn Toyotas last so long that they run much longer than one's 'emotional' attachment to the car :bang . Besides at my age most extra $$s go to the retirement fund - but it would be nice to drive a Challenger again.

70Challenger.jpg that's a real car!

70Challenger.jpg that's a real car!

yes, it was a real car. Mine had one of the all time great engines - the 318. Since the car was fairly light, it took no time to get to 60mph and I had guts to only go to 110 on a SD 2 lane highway (straight no hills of course - plenty of those in SD.). Even at that it wasn't near top out speed. I'm sure I could have buried the speedometer without a problem - but I had more brains then guts at that point (good thing). Each time I see the new Dodge version on the road, I think back to that old car.

tumblr_mrha6aXfaU1rdr3r5o1_1280.jpg

I like driving a truck. Don't feel nearly as cramped in a truck as I do in a car. These Ford Super Duty trucks are pretty sharp. LINK

edit: I changed pics. For some reason the hotlinked pic I had earlier wasn't showing up for a while there.

hi-tech-ford-super-duty-series-truck.jpg

I like driving a truck. Don't feel nearly as cramped in a truck as I do in a car. These Ford Super Duty trucks are pretty sharp. LINK

I agree wt you. While I like my old Challenger for that youthful feeling, the FSD or Dodge Ram would be my other choice - gets me back to my farm roots.

Mine stays in the garage this time of year on blocks. I don't even uncover her until it stays above 60 consistently. She's my avatar, bought her for $325. A true barn find, she had no engine, tranny, dash, top, and just one seat.

Had her on the road in 2 weeks though. That was back in 1980, I'll never get rid of her...