QB Brandon Peters [Michigan Commit]

Mavric

Just watched his film. First off, wow what a player. Great arm, strength, composure, pocket presence, touch. Dang good passer, but don't let that fool you. He's a long strider that can make defenses pay, isn't going to juke/blow by people but keeps them honest. I would love to have this kid as our QB.

• Fire 2

I remember Riley saying their strategy for recruiting a QB in 2016 will be to make a single offer to their top guy and go full-court press for his commitment. If that offer does not pan out, then they will make three offers to their second tier group and let the prospects know it will be first come, first serve. If this is their strategy playing out, does that mean Peters is their #1 Overall QB recruit (not Guarantano), and prospects like Zeb Noland are making up the second tier?

So soon after his offer, that seems optimistic. And typically, getting a QB one year does not lower your chances of getting a guy the next year.

That doesn't sound like the best strategy to be honest, TTRR.

It is not like we are not in contact with other QB's. We are still actively talking/getting some to visit (Noland) for example will visit this spring. Just doesn't sound like we will formally offer right away.

I remember Riley saying their strategy for recruiting a QB in 2016 will be to make a single offer to their top guy and go full-court press for his commitment. If that offer does not pan out, then they will make three offers to their second tier group and let the prospects know it will be first come, first serve. If this is their strategy playing out, does that mean Peters is their #1 Overall QB recruit (not Guarantano), and prospects like Zeb Noland are making up the second tier?

I guess I don't follow you. Guarantano already had an offer from the previous staff and it was pretty widely speculated that's who Langsdorf was in New Jersey visiting in January. Thus, we wouldn't necessarily have seen a new offer announcement from Guarantano because he already had an offer. But there were several reports that Langsdorf was interested in him. So that would fit your description that it didn't work out with our #1 target so now we're moving on to the next set.

Thinking this is our guy.

Yep

What makes you guys think he jumps on our offer rather then one from VaTech, Michigan, or LSU? I'm not saying you guys are wrong, just curious is all. Looks like he is headed to Michigan's spring game, Vandy's spring game and Notre Dame's Jr. Day. I hope we grab him though!

Honestly, I have no idea. But I think we're going to be after him hard. I get the feeling Langsdorf had Guarantano at the top of his list but that's probably a long shot. This is a midwestern kid who we can really jump on and sell him on being the top QB on our list after not taking a QB for 2015 and only having more dual-threat guys ahead of him. Plus Langsdorf can sell his NFL resume (though Harbaugh can as well to some extent).

Michigan will definitely have his interest but they also have some other big fish they're after. Plus they took a QB last year and another two years ago, though none are as highly-rated. I don't think LSU is as much of a threat as they already have a four-star DTQB committed for 2016 and a four-star DTQB from 2014. Plus being farther from home. VaTech also already has a QB committed for 2016 though not as highly-rated. But they just signed a four-star QB and took three QBs in 2014.

Not to be an ass but Michigan landed a top 5 QB this last year, Zach Gentry. He was the #105 recruit on Rivals and was committed to Texas before flipping to Michigan.

Yep

What makes you guys think he jumps on our offer rather then one from VaTech, Michigan, or LSU? I'm not saying you guys are wrong, just curious is all. Looks like he is headed to Michigan's spring game, Vandy's spring game and Notre Dame's Jr. Day. I hope we grab him though!

Honestly, I have no idea. But I think we're going to be after him hard. I get the feeling Langsdorf had Guarantano at the top of his list but that's probably a long shot. This is a midwestern kid who we can really jump on and sell him on being the top QB on our list after not taking a QB for 2015 and only having more dual-threat guys ahead of him. Plus Langsdorf can sell his NFL resume (though Harbaugh can as well to some extent).

Michigan will definitely have his interest but they also have some other big fish they're after. Plus they took a QB last year and another two years ago, though none are as highly-rated. I don't think LSU is as much of a threat as they already have a four-star DTQB committed for 2016 and a four-star DTQB from 2014. Plus being farther from home. VaTech also already has a QB committed for 2016 though not as highly-rated. But they just signed a four-star QB and took three QBs in 2014.

Not to be an ass but Michigan landed a top 5 QB this last year, Zach Gentry. He was the #105 recruit on Rivals and was committed to Texas before flipping to Michigan.

Even better for us. I had the 247 rankings handy so that's what I was going off of. He was "only" a three-star on 247.

Yep

Even better for us. I had the 247 rankings handy so that's what I was going off of. He was "only" a three-star on 247.

Yes it is. Riley and Langsdorf can also legitimately say that he'd be their QB for the future as well.