It could be one of the bigger football rivalries now.

:lol:

Are you implying the whole country isn't looking forward to USU v BYU's annual thriller???? I've got it circled on my calendar through 2020.

USU against BYU is a great and intense game and rivalry. The game is scheduled as the last game of the year now in November in college football rivalry week because its become such a big in-state rivalry between the 2 teams.

I said before that BYU fans are terrified of losing to USU 2 times in a row and then dropping to 3-3 in the last 6 games. The game they want to win the most this year is the rivalry game against the Aggies. Guess what, the game is in Logan this year so with the USU student section there and loud USU will have the big edge and should win the game. It will change the whole world of recruiting in Utah if USU can win two big games in a row against BYU. People in local sports radio are already predicting USU to win.

You won't be disappointed if you tune in and its already scheduled to be televised on national TV on CBS during rivalry week.

It's good to know some things never change. The rising of the sun, the workings of the tide, time and AggieAndee visiting every BYU opponents message board to decry all things Cougar and try to instill love for his Aggies. He's mellowed a little, he usually whines more about the bad things BYU and it's fans say about his cow college and it's fans. Sorry it's your turn to deal with him.

How far apart are the two schools? Is it really a big deal when they play?

USU is the kind of game where after a loss to USU a BYU coordinator got fired right after the game in the middle of the season. They are a good basketball program and I look forward to that, but they are a measuring stick in football. If the game looks close I get upset at the state of our football program.

I actually forgot USU was on the schedule this year because I don't think about them..

AggyAndee is actually a Utah fan IIRC. He just pretends to be a USU fan. We have guys like this on every internet forum. It get's old. I think the religious tie to BYU brings a weird attraction to some mentally ill people. AggieAndee seems to think he is giving helpful tips to beat BYU on internet forums and defeating evil. It's just weird. I spend too much time follwing BYU and this guy has me beat by a mile.

The reason the guy makes me mad is I am really looking foward to the opener and the guy takes the focus away from the game. I just want to lurk and learn about some teams before we play them.

Since I'm posing on your board any way, I'll give you my take. I am concerned about our chances. Our D was a dumpster fire last year and once people figured out the game plan last year, receivers were catching balls in the same seams all day against us. The coordinator from last year should have never been hired and he still hasn't been fired yet. Our head coach, Bronco, supposedly took back over, but I'm not sure coaching is fixed on defense.

I'll just give us a punchers chance to win. Our guys will be physical. Expect this to be one of the hardest hitting teams you see all year. That normally surprises people, but our guys won't be scared, and they are not pushed around like the smaller schools kids you might be expecting. I just don't think there is enough of a pass rush or skill in the secondary this year.

On offense, Hill makes some amazing, great throws. Too many for it to be chance. But there are lots of bad passes too that can kill drives. I think he will be looking to throw more this year. The offense goes into this year with a chance of being really good and being able to light up score boards. I don't think we have depth at center or RB, but otherwise the cupboard seems full-- including at QB. So we really need to hope our center and remaining RBs stay healthy.

If there are more than a couple suspensions, I'll be surprised and mad. BYU is so hard on guys for off the field stuff, I think they are given more leeway for on the field issues, like the fight. I bet Bronco made most of the players involved do tons of community service and most will play.

I'm kind of expecting 38-27 Nebraska, but I'm hoping I'm wrong about the defense and the offense is as good as it can be.

• Fire 1

Are you implying the whole country isn't looking forward to USU v BYU's annual thriller???? I've got it circled on my calendar through 2020.

USU against BYU is a great and intense game and rivalry. The game is scheduled as the last game of the year now in November in college football rivalry week because its become such a big in-state rivalry between the 2 teams.

I said before that BYU fans are terrified of losing to USU 2 times in a row and then dropping to 3-3 in the last 6 games. The game they want to win the most this year is the rivalry game against the Aggies. Guess what, the game is in Logan this year so with the USU student section there and loud USU will have the big edge and should win the game. It will change the whole world of recruiting in Utah if USU can win two big games in a row against BYU. People in local sports radio are already predicting USU to win.

You won't be disappointed if you tune in and its already scheduled to be televised on national TV on CBS during rivalry week.

AggieAndee...didn't your mother ever teach you that lying is a sin? I haven't talked to, or read one BYU fan saying that the usu game is the game we most want to with this year. You preach this crap every year to every opponent we have. You spouting about it doesn't make it so. Just crawl back in your cow pasture and let the adults talk about football.

This is what starts the whole awful thing. BYU fans talk down to everyone else and make all these jokes like theyr'e so much better than us and USU and the state schools are classless.

Things have changed. BYU was a good team a long time ago when the coach Lavell Edwards was there 30 years ago. And here's something BYU fans will always try to hide, Lavell Edwards was an Aggie and a USU product!!!

BYU isn't any sort of dominant team to even worry about any longer. Now BYU loses constantly to teams like USU, Nevada, San Jose State, Memphis, and all sorts of other teams. BYU fans have no right to sit there and make fun of others when their team can't even win against a low team like Nevada.

BYU isn't any sort of dominant team to even worry about any longer.

You make that abundantly clear every time you post. BYU is so irrelevant that you've followed them to a third-party message board to post about how irrelevant they are. Over and over and over and over. Maybe if you make another 50 posts by week one, they'll just drop their football program entirely.

• Fire 2

Aggie andee is just someone better left ignored. I'd like to talk about the game though. I think it'll be a close game, but in my opinion Taysom Hill and senior WR Mitch Matthews will create enough problems for us to win.

Over the last 7 years, the only games I remember us losing due to the passing game was to TT and OU. BYU's best chance to win the game is on the ground, mostly with Hill. DB is the strongest part of the team, and I just don't see how we lose by the passing game. I don't see Taysom throwing for 300, but running for 150+ could very well happen.

• Fire 1

BYU isn't any sort of dominant team to even worry about any longer.

You make that abundantly clear every time you post. BYU is so irrelevant that you've followed them to a third-party message board to post about how irrelevant they are. Over and over and over and over. Maybe if you make another 50 posts by week one, they'll just drop their football program entirely.

He he he! :rolleyes:

eyeswear2allthatsholy You know Knapp, it must be a pretty intense rivalry (USU and BYU) if the BYU fans are talking about mullets and stuff!

I don't hate BYU or anything. Its a huge and intense in state sports rivalry and so there is trash talking. It could be one of the bigger rivalries now. If you saw some of the posts from BYU fans about USU and the state schools, you would see. BYU fans will post all kinds of wild things like pictures of USU staff and talk about their mullets and stuff.

Good luck in your game against BYU and good luck in your upcoming season this year. Remember about the speedy spy on the QB.

Aggie andee is just someone better left ignored. I'd like to talk about the game though. I think it'll be a close game, but in my opinion Taysom Hill and senior WR Mitch Matthews will create enough problems for us to win.

Over the last 7 years, the only games I remember us losing due to the passing game was to TT and OU. BYU's best chance to win the game is on the ground, mostly with Hill. DB is the strongest part of the team, and I just don't see how we lose by the passing game. I don't see Taysom throwing for 300, but running for 150+ could very well happen.

This is the right way to see it and to gear up for the game. Taysom Hill won't have the WR or a good enough offensive line to give him the protection needed to have a good game passing. BYU will also be without any good RB. You will just need somebody speedy enough to chase down Hill quick when Hill realizes he doesn't have anything and has to run and that will happen all game.

On defense, BYU has a real bad secondary on defense so passing shouldn't be to hard for your team. Put max protection on Nebraska's QB and he will be able to have a field day passing all day long especially deep balls.

• Fire 1

It's good to know some things never change. The rising of the sun, the workings of the tide, time and AggieAndee visiting every BYU opponents message board to decry all things Cougar and try to instill love for his Aggies. He's mellowed a little, he usually whines more about the bad things BYU and it's fans say about his cow college and it's fans. Sorry it's your turn to deal with him.

How far apart are the two schools? Is it really a big deal when they play?

USU is the kind of game where after a loss to USU a BYU coordinator got fired right after the game in the middle of the season. They are a good basketball program and I look forward to that, but they are a measuring stick in football. If the game looks close I get upset at the state of our football program.

I actually forgot USU was on the schedule this year because I don't think about them..

AggyAndee is actually a Utah fan IIRC. He just pretends to be a USU fan. We have guys like this on every internet forum. It get's old. I think the religious tie to BYU brings a weird attraction to some mentally ill people. AggieAndee seems to think he is giving helpful tips to beat BYU on internet forums and defeating evil. It's just weird. I spend too much time follwing BYU and this guy has me beat by a mile.

The reason the guy makes me mad is I am really looking foward to the opener and the guy takes the focus away from the game. I just want to lurk and learn about some teams before we play them.

Since I'm posing on your board any way, I'll give you my take. I am concerned about our chances. Our D was a dumpster fire last year and once people figured out the game plan last year, receivers were catching balls in the same seams all day against us. The coordinator from last year should have never been hired and he still hasn't been fired yet. Our head coach, Bronco, supposedly took back over, but I'm not sure coaching is fixed on defense.

I'll just give us a punchers chance to win. Our guys will be physical. Expect this to be one of the hardest hitting teams you see all year. That normally surprises people, but our guys won't be scared, and they are not pushed around like the smaller schools kids you might be expecting. I just don't think there is enough of a pass rush or skill in the secondary this year.

On offense, Hill makes some amazing, great throws. Too many for it to be chance. But there are lots of bad passes too that can kill drives. I think he will be looking to throw more this year. The offense goes into this year with a chance of being really good and being able to light up score boards. I don't think we have depth at center or RB, but otherwise the cupboard seems full-- including at QB. So we really need to hope our center and remaining RBs stay healthy.

If there are more than a couple suspensions, I'll be surprised and mad. BYU is so hard on guys for off the field stuff, I think they are given more leeway for on the field issues, like the fight. I bet Bronco made most of the players involved do tons of community service and most will play.

I'm kind of expecting 38-27 Nebraska, but I'm hoping I'm wrong about the defense and the offense is as good as it can be.

That is a really good synopsis of WindowCoug. I live in Idaho and get a lot more BYU coverage than your typical Nebraskan. BYU is good, and not to be taken lightly, and will play physical football. But I don't think they have the skill players to stay with some of the things NU can do.

What makes all these guys worry is seeing what Hill did against Texas the past 2 years. That is what really worries them unknown team that has beaten a traditional nemesis in the past. You should have seen all the hand wringing about Fresno St. last year before that game. Most guys on this board fear playing Minnesota a lot less than BYU because we are Nebraska and should always beat Minnesota.

I myself am not convinced that Taysum Hill will be 100% and everything will be back to the way it was before the break. I was watching that game, which was the USU game. It was a pretty bad break. I just don't see him not loosing a step and playing at least a little hesitant. They were saying the same thing about Chuckie Keaton before the season last year, and you and I know he wasn't anything close to 100% when the season started.

I see something like 31-17 Nebraska.

I wish we played an OOC team with fans that would trash talk us. Like when we played Washington.

If only we could schedule Kansas State or Missouri in an OOC game, then maybe that would happen again.

CU is coming up in 2018/2019

If they still have a program by then :lol:

• Fire 1

AngryAndee:

>here's something BYU fans will always try to hide, Lavell Edwards was an Aggie and a USU product!!!

Yes, we're trying so hard to hide something that everybody who is familiar with BYU football already knows. We're also trying to prevent the fact that Coach Guy Holliday went to Cheyney University of Pennsylvania from being leaked as well, so don't tell anybody. It would be awful if that got out!

>BYU loses constantly to teams like USU

I'll just leave the other schools out for now, to keep things simple for ya, sport.

USU has only beaten BYU 5 times since 1975 (none of which came in consecutive years).

That being the case, your use of the word "constantly" here qualifies for application of the quote "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Now, AngryAndee, go away and stop annoying people, bless your heart.