Just thought I'd leave this here:

I can't wait for the game to start. Saturday can't get here soon enough.

Did Melvin Gordon transfer to BYU or something?

Yeah, he's the one with dredlocks. Oh, wait ...

QiK0kyk.jpg

• Fire 1

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some totally different team beat us badly. Not sure that helps BYU much. I could go find a video of BYU getting trounced, but why bother?

Hey Look! Here is you losing....http://www.christiantoday.com/article/mormons.could.be.expelled.from.brigham.young.university.for.losing.faith/51217.htm

Hmmm, I must have touched a nerve for you to come back with THAT. Oh no, not religious smack! I've never heard all of that before!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some totally different team beat us badly. Not sure that helps BYU much. I could go find a video of BYU getting trounced, but why bother?

Hey Look! Here is you losing....http://www.christiantoday.com/article/mormons.could.be.expelled.from.brigham.young.university.for.losing.faith/51217.htm

Hmmm, I must have touched a nerve for you to come back with THAT. Oh no, not religious smack! I've never heard all of that before!

I don't believe it was a nerve you hit, you were called out on your idiocy. BYU couldn't touch what Gordon did nor do they have anyone on their team that could even come close to that, so what did this have to do with NU vs BYU? I'm quite certain it's easy to pull any number of games that NU lost of BYU lost, yet they still have zero to do with the NU vs BYU game.

Bronco on the fight suspensions:

"The suspensions, or the issues, happened so long ago, and quite frankly if it were up to me completely, I am not sure you can punish the kids more than they have already been punished, in terms of the scrutiny," Mendenhall said. "What are we going to do to them now that is going to make more of a point? So I am not the only one who makes the decisions in this case, but as far as I am concerned, with the attention and what the players get, and rightly so at BYU, I don't know what else needs to happen for them to have learned their lesson. It is hard for me to watch, but we will move forward whenever this game is over."

Lessons learned :

1) If you intend to sucker punch someone much larger than you, make damn sure you CONNECT. Paybacks, well you know now what that can be like.

2) Flying elbows to the back of the head only works in the WWE. ( *psst* spoiler alert- WWE is NOT real)

3) When starting a brawl on national TV, don't end up getting your A$$$$$$$$$ kicked.

Adhering to these lessons can avoid the damaging "scrutiny" you find so dreadful. :thumbs

"This message brought to you courtesy of YouTube, where your failures can be scrutinized over, and over, and over...."

Err....

Brandon Davies was dismissed from BYU's basketball team after he admitted to having sexual relations in violation of the school's honor code, the Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday.

Must have been that un-holy buttstuff.

"We struggled (getting penetration) last year," Rowley said. "We have to be more physical and then we can open holes."

Sorry, couldn't help it. Seriously though:

He said that after months of not being able to really hit the QB, he's anxious to get to the Nebraska game and go all out.

"That's the best feeling in the first game when you get to hit the quarterback," Kaufusi said. "You're sick and tired of patting them on the back and running by."

Daily Herald

Looks like they plan on putting a lot of pressure of TA. Beware of the zone read though, or they will get burned.

BYU was dinged up quite a bit last year. Plus they moved Bronson Kaufusi to OLB last year. It was a disastrous move. Combined with the injuries to the defense, young guys forced into playing time, and a first time DC the defense really suffered.

Bronco took back the defense and the DC was demoted to DB coach. Bronson has been moved back to DE. He's a talent but he's best suited to play DE in 4-3 IMO. So he's still a bit of a square being forced into round hole.

The secondary was pretty bad last year, but they get too much of the blame for the defense. The real issue was a lack of pass rush and the secondary paid the price.

BYU's front 7 is legit. Bronco has always had a stop the run first mentality. That hasn't changed, but there has been an emphasis of getting to the QB especially with those guys whose whose hands are in the dirt.

I think the secondary will be a bit better than last year. There were a few guys who didn't buy in and it exposed the team and scheme which is dependent on assignments.

Still, the defense is relatively young. I'm anxious to see if the secondary is improved and if we can dominate an inexperienced line up front.

As for the zone read, I don't think BYU is too concerned about it. Bronco defends it and the triple option as well as anyone in the country. Besides they see a better read option QB than Tommy Armstrong everyday.

BYU shouldn't be concerned about the zone read, It's probably no big deal anyway. Not saying Taysom Hill is a bad QB, but I would rather have a QB who spent more time on the field than riding the pine with injuries. Maybe this will be the year he makes it through a whole season.

He played every game the season before last. I'll take a Heisman hopeful with two freak injuries over Tommy all day.

I'm really curious what Riley does with him against BYU. In the past, he's gone max protect vs BYU to beat BYU through the air. It worked the last time they played, though a quick score followed by an interception returned for a TD made it look more lopsided.

But Tommy Armstrong is no Cody Vaz or Sean Mannion. I suspect he'll call plays to his strength, get him out of the pocket perhaps on some designed rollouts with a run/pass option. I wonder if we'll see Riley's beloved jet sweep. Not sure who will run that though with DPE out. I'm also wondering how an inexperienced line will protect TA. Moving the pocket will help as I'm sure Bronco will be bringing pressure from all over. I'm looking forward to seeing if TA can pass on BYU because I think BYU will sellout to stop the run first.

Good point here. I didn't realize it but now I do. If Riley can beat BYU with Oregon St. players, imagine what he can do now. As this game draws closer, I like our chances of winning more and more.